How awesome was Moteurs..Action???

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
That show was unbelievable, even though I didn't get picked as an extra... Anyway I only hope the US version is as good.

disney-dan

i saw it a few times when i was last at DLRP a couple of years ago. It is indeed an awesome show, and I too am hoping the US version will be as good if not better.

Kristofke

I hope the US version is better, because the Paris show is very boring.

Maybe because I'm not excited about cars, but after my first visit, I never watched the show again.

There is only 1 attraction much better then in MGM and that's Rock'nRollercoaster. The coaster in Paris is realllllye goood!

In MGM it was very disapointing.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Kristofke said:
There is only 1 attraction much better then in MGM and that's Rock'nRollercoaster. The coaster in Paris is realllllye goood!

In MGM it was very disapointing.
Both RnR's have the exact same layout though, with just different effects inside the gravity building. Now that Paris no longer uses the smoke to show the lighting effects, I prefer the WDW sets. WDW also has a considerably better story, exterior themeing and queue area in my opinion. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Dr.Seeker said:
That show was unbelievable, even though I didn't get picked as an extra... Anyway I only hope the US version is as good.
The WDW version is a direct lift, so will be pretty much identical, with a few tweeks here and there, but nothing major. The original Paris jet ski elements will make a return however. :)

Kristofke

wdwmagic said:
Both RnR's have the exact same layout though, with just different effects inside the gravity building. Now that Paris no longer uses the smoke to show the lighting effects, I prefer the WDW sets. WDW also has a considerably better story, exterior themeing and queue area in my opinion. :)
exterior, yes, storyline yes, interior of the coaster, no.

The smoke problem would be solved, they say. I couldn't check begin this month, because when we entered, the coaster suddenly broke down. On the surveilance camera's no smoke could be seen. But they say that in an emergency situation, the smoke is sucked away in less then a minute.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Kristofke said:
exterior, yes, storyline yes, interior of the coaster, no.

The smoke problem would be solved, they say. I couldn't check begin this month, because when we entered, the coaster suddenly broke down. On the surveilance camera's no smoke could be seen. But they say that in an emergency situation, the smoke is sucked away in less then a minute.
Any news when the smoke is going to return? They desperately need that back again to enahnce the experience.

Kristofke

probably in october or so, when the money is back, the smoke will be back.

At first I didn't want to believe the smoke problem was a problem of cutting costs back, but a technical problem.

But I have never seen such a technical problem taking so long to be fixed.

First there was an excuse of the liquid being very special and had to be imported from I don't know where, but it would even got here in Paris on foot!

disney-dan

if you dont like cars, then no you wont like it. I however do like cars, so I loved it.

As for R'n'R, the MGM one is much better. I was very dissapointed with the Paris version. The preshow especially is a let down for me. Gimme the MGM R'n'R anyday

grandmath

The smoke aint coming back, and it is not a money problem, it is a safety one. It seems that they weren't aware when designing the ride that all the smoke would make the safety stairs wet, which is not good in case of an evacuation.

So, unless they find a subsitute, no more smoke. Which makes me think like Steve, RRC is much better now in MGM. And don't even mention the load station, the entrance, the full coutyard, the shop, the queuline... sigh...

As for Moteurs Action, it is funny, because in France we find Indy Stunt Spectacular much better. Although the dialogue between action is as long as in France, at least it's funny in the US, as well as interesting. In France it's blah blahblabla

I'm sure it will be fixed for US audience though and that your show wille be much better (with the Jet skis alone anyway...)

DisneyFan 2000

disney-dan said:
if you dont like cars, then no you wont like it.

I disagree. I have no interest what-so-ever in cars but I thought the show was simply brilliant! Everything was so "wowing" even though I've already seen some of the effects before! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom