How are the parks right now?

SamandplanningUK

Original Poster
We were meant to be flying out next Tuesday but had to cancel our holiday as I've been diagnosed with cancer.

I've heard reports that Orlando is incredibly busy right now, is anyone there right now and can elaborate? How bad is it? Or is it absolutely fine?!

Trying to gauge for next year (hopefully) if all goes well.

bhg469

We were meant to be flying out next Tuesday but had to cancel our holiday as I've been diagnosed with cancer.

I've heard reports that Orlando is incredibly busy right now, is anyone there right now and can elaborate? How bad is it? Or is it absolutely fine?!

It is definitely busy. Lines move incredibly slowly due to a lack of attractions and staff. It is not the best time to be here but at the same time, it sounds like you could use the trip. I have no idea how busy the Universal parks have been but they cannot possibly be much worse. Having said that, I don't see next year being much better :(

leiaorgana

So we just got back on Monday and were there 19th June - 10th July. I’d say up until around the 7th July the parks were surprisingly quiet for this time of year and we couldn’t actually believe just how quiet MK was on the 4th July compared to other years but from the 7th onwards, at DHS and MK especially, it seemed to get crazy busy with crowds all coming after the 4th this year and the South American tour groups back in full force. I actually couldn’t believe just how busy MK was on the 9th tbh when we’d been so spoiled with the lack of crowds during the rest of our trip (we did Uni/IOA and Sea World as well) but thankfully we still got a lot done that day with a combination of Genie+ and my DAS.

The weather there atm is incredibly hot and humid, as expected, and the rain seemed to be coming at around 6pm/7pm last week instead of late afternoon like it usually does.

This was our first trip back since July 2019 with being from the UK and after reading all of the “horror stories” from people on various forums and social media about how bad the parks and CMs are atm I wasn’t expecting much but we had a genuinely amazing time! Got to ride Cosmic Rewind, ROTR and Slinky Dog a couple of times for the first time and I’d say around 90% of the Disney CMs were absolutely impeccable this time around. We received a lot of unexpected “magic” from CMs which took us off guard as we obviously weren’t expecting anything like that and pretty much every CM we ran into were really genuinely friendly and talkative and were just glad to have international visitors back again from what we picked up on.

The parks were spotless as far as I could tell with custodial CMs frequently emptying bins and there was always an attendant in the toilets cleaning them every time we used them. The only mess I saw in the toilets or around the parks was clearly caused by inconsiderate guests and the only negatives we have from this trip is the rude and entitled behaviour of other guests we encountered in the parks this time e.g. a lot of blatant line cutting at MK, people trying to push their way into other people’s fireworks and parade spots last minute and purposely encroaching on other people’s space to bully them out of the few places there are to sit around the parks now.

disneymom57

Sorry about your diagnosis. Stay strong 💪 you'll beat this. I'm 5yrs.remission

tinker-ella

We were there July 2 thru 6th. There were crowds, but not as bad as I expected for a holiday weekend. The special July 4th Fireworks show at MK on 7/3 and 7/4 did attract huge crowds at night. The fireworks were totally worth it, since they were going off in every direction! We did Genie + only twice, and thought it was easy to use and helpful. It was extremely hot and humid, and we did hit a downpour in MK, but used our ponchos, a necessity in the summer. I hope your treatment goes well. A Disney vacation plan is something positive to look forward to! Keep your thoughts positive...I wish you strength and good health.

lindawdw

We found the crowds during our May trip this year pretty bad most days, but the key is getting to the parks early to take advantage of the early entry EMH for Disney resort guests if you plan on staying on property. I hope your treatments go well and a Disney trip next year will be something special to look forward to. 🙏🙏🙏

chama1

As a local the rain storms has caused some flooding in the parks lately. Plus we're keeping our fingers crossed that their might not be any "hurricane season" this year...plus the heat is worse this year...

lindawdw

As a local the rain storms has caused some flooding in the parks lately. Plus we're keeping our fingers crossed that their might not be any "hurricane season" this year...plus the heat is worse this year...
I think it's all the construction that has changed the grading in the park which has caused the flooding which is something we never used to see in these parks.

Minnesota disney fan

I remember it flooding in tomorrowland between Space Mountain and Buzz. We walked in water that was a few inches or more deep more than once. They must have poor drainage system in that area?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom