How are the crowds?

NIU EE

Well we are a few days into the celebration, how are the crowds compared to previous May's? The one thing I did find was that Disney World has been alot more busy than Disneyland.

PhotoDave219

During the Celebration - parks were dead (at least the parks without any eventas happeneing). Walked on most everything.

Friday and Sat sucked because this is mothers day weekend.

Upvote 0

NIU EE

Original Poster
PhotoDave219 said:
During the Celebration - parks were dead (at least the parks without any eventas happeneing). Walked on most everything.

Yeah, holidays are no good heh.

im curious to see how the next week or so goes. I'll be there the 19th and have never been during a 'slow' time before.

Upvote 0

tonypitt

I'm going next weekend (the 14th and 15th) and am rather concerned because the WDW resorts all seemed to be booked full. To me that would suggest really big crowds. A bit surprising since this is supposed to be a slow time in the parks.

Upvote 0

NIU EE

Original Poster
the weekend of the 15th was discussed once before on the boards. I'm not sure the exact reason for the full hotels but someone did mention that a different non-disney related convention in the orlando area pushed disneyworld guests into the world instead of staying offgrounds. Hopefully that is true, and the parks aren't overly crowded. Every room option seems to be available for the weeks before and after that, including star wars weekend and such.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
PhotoDave219 said:

I heard the parks were dead on Thursday, but even on Friday and Saturday things weren't that bad - the longest wait I saw was Splash Mountain on Saturday at 70 minutes, and it said 35 minutes when we got off 40 minutes later (wheelchair in the party, so we got to go in the back after about 15 minutes in line). All the major rides were manageable, in our eyes. The streets were very crowded, but the rides didn't reflect the same thing.

Overall, I'd say things were a bit busier this year than last year at the same time. But not much busier.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It's not bad, but busier than previous years. You can't walk around MGM or AK in certain areas and not see a single person like years past or wander into Epcot's World Showcase and be the only one in the pavillion at 11am, but it's not slammed either.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
NIU EE said:
Well we are a few days into the celebration, how are the crowds compared to previous May's? The one thing I did find was that Disney World has been alot more busy than Disneyland.

On the contrary. My parents just got back from WDW and they were told by a number of CM's that the Disneyland crowds were at expected levels, while WDW crowds were lower than expected. My parents had no negative comments about crowds, lines, etc. They did say that IASW was down, which is dissapointing since it just reopened from the rehab....

Upvote 0

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
we went to MK yesterday for Mother's Day. the longest wait I saw was for Pooh and Peter Pan, both 45 at peak whike the evil dolls were at 10 minutes. Space Mtn was about a 10, and we walked on Buzz twice. Splash and Big Thunder peaked at 30. a lot of stuff was a 5 or 10 minute wait. Crytal Palace was awesome as usual. ok, this is turning into a one day trip report. it was a great day. :)

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

Ralph Wiggum said:
we went to MK yesterday for Mother's Day. the longest wait I saw was for Pooh and Peter Pan, both 45 at peak whike the evil dolls were at 10 minutes. Space Mtn was about a 10, and we walked on Buzz twice. Splash and Big Thunder peaked at 30. a lot of stuff was a 5 or 10 minute wait. Crytal Palace was awesome as usual. ok, this is turning into a one day trip report. it was a great day. :)

Sounds sparkling and encouraging! We're going May 23-26; hopefully, we'll have the same luck. Carousel of Progress is open now isn't it?

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

mousermerf said:
Yes, it is open indefinately, along with Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn - be sure to grab some PB&J there ;)

Thanks, I thought CoP was open. It was closed when I was there for Grad Nite and my trip just didn't feel the same. Thanks for the tip about Aunt Polly's. If it goes along with the MYW+Dining Plan, I'll try it out!

Upvote 0

POOHKILLEDTOAD

PhotoDave219 said:

we were down there on friday and sat started at epcot hopped to magic kingdom around 3:30...basicly walked on everything there....even splash (about 10 mins max). literally walked on to pirates and big thunder. sat was almost the same at mgm and animal. the longest we waited all weekend was 25 mins that was for the dino whirl thingy.

Upvote 0

PixiePower

I love to hear all this! I am leaving tomorrow morning. The weather has been beautiful and looks to stay that way. Now if the crowds stay this way it will be a great trip!

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

Good to know! I hope the crowds continue to stay away!

I had a feeling that the majority of the people who just HAD to see the new attractions would try to get in early. At least I hope that's what's happened.

Upvote 0

Dizfreak

A couple of the reasons that this coming weekend is so booked is because the Danskin Marathon is on Sat the 14th. Also Disney reservations are saying that the huge marketing campain is pushing a lot more people into resort hotels instead of area ones.

Here's hoping that it's not that busy. I leave in 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom