How are April & May at WDW, in terms of crowds and weather?

jovada

Heatherbell said:
I have been in April
(...)
Anytime you go should be fine if you just avoid vacation

Well that's exactly the problem. I don't know when that is! :)
In Europe it changes every year: now it's the two weeks prior to Easter. I really don't know what the situation in the US is.

lentesta

Premium Member
Hi guys,

First, thanks for posting the link to the site, and for reading the book! A couple of quick comments:

Well it was completely wrong about the first week in December this year. I used it to plan our Christmas vacation and it was listed as a 1 out of 10 for crowds.

True enough, the first version of the calendar didn't do a good job of predicting crowd levels during the off-season. We fixed that around mid-April '05 on the site, however the book had already gone through its second printing, and couldn't get updated. Going forward, the website will always has the most up-to-date calendar.

Also, over the past few months, actual theme park wait times are running about +/- 8 minutes as compared to our predictions. While they're not guarantees, I'm reasonably certain those are the best predictions available.

I would suggest finding the spring break schedules of Florida school districts

The calendar takes into account every Florida school district's breaks, as well as the 25 largest school districts east of the Mississippi. And, while they're smaller, we take into account Maine, Connecticut, and New Hampshire, as I think their schedules generally coincide.

Hope this helps!

Len Testa

bayoutinkbelle

I've got 7s and 8s in my future, it looks like. I'm headed to WDW in late May (27, to be exact)-early June. I can't go any earlier in May since I have to wait for my son's school year to end.

The way I look at it is to just make a plan, go into the parks determined to enjoy myself no matter what and go with the flow. Who wants to get bent out of shape on their vacation?!?

mnagel55

Well after much discussion and thought --- and the fact that the week after Easter was comparable only to the crowds at CHRISTMAS! :fork: --- we have moved our visit to the first week on May!! :D

I explained to my daughter that we can still celebrate here b-day a week later and it will be just as good----and pointing out to her that if we went after Easter she might be waiting up to an hour to go on 1 ride ----helped convince her that the delay was well worth it.:sohappy:

Thanks for all your helpful posts here…and Thanks Len that’s a really cool service you offer!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom