Housing for CM

evanssc

Original Poster
Does Disney provide any housing within the resort for CM? I know that each year there are college students doing interships with Disney and serving in different CM positions. Do they live on Property?

peter11435

I know there are some west of DTD on the other side of I-4, I also think there are some over by the cast recreation facilty south of AK. However, Im not 100% where they are or even how many there are.

niteobsrvr

They are in an area call little lake bryan and near the intertersection of I-4 and 535. The ones closest to I-4 kind of look like timeshares the others look like apartment buildings.

Atta83

Yes, these are on the other side of Downtown disney on 535. Vista is the closest apartment complex. While the other two The Commons, for international students, and Chatam are 5 minutes away but are close to the little outlet mall by I Drive. But they are located by Little Lake Bryan.

Maria

The Commons is right across the street from Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine. Next to them is Chatham Square which I believe is in front of the Premium Outlet. (I haven´t been back in a while).
I lived in building 28 at The Commons in 99 and the apartment complex was beautiful with all the services. Our 'backyard' was I-4 as out building was the last one and close to I-4. I loved the place! :)

Woody13

niteobsrvr said:
They are in an area call little lake bryan and near the intertersection of I-4 and 535. The ones closest to I-4 kind of look like timeshares the others look like apartment buildings.

And they are transported to and from work by a contract bus system! Not WDW bus transportation. "Dynamic" buses do the duty now.

Maria

ChefTigger said:
So many memories :) from the balcony on the 2nd floor of 28th we could see parts of illumination and the new year's eve fireworks at PI ...

Oh yeah! Since only Fellowship Ambassadors were put in that building, we all knew each other from our arrival date, so we had private parties in our own backyard - out of the sight of the guards... ;)

SpenceMan01

So wait. There's CM housing over by The Mariott Villiage @ Little Lake Bryan?? We stayed at the SpringHill Suites there. I never knew there was CM's living that close!! Wow! :eek: :D

Anyone got pictures of the complexes?

Maria

SpenceMan01 said:
So wait. There's CM housing over by The Mariott Villiage @ Little Lake Bryan?? We stayed at the SpringHill Suites there. I never knew there was CM's living that close!! Wow! :eek: :D

It´s the gated community in front of the Shrine! I´ll scan some pictures and post them later. (I didn´t have my digital back then...) ;)

se8472

SpenceMan01 said:

LOL, there are places where you can live and have a clear view of wishes every night :)

MicBat

SpenceMan01 said:

You got it! I passed that place quite a few times! Here's a picture of the front of Chatham Square. It's a litte bit further back than the Commons.

Maria... I knew someone in 27!! :D

ChefTigger

SpenceMan01 said:

There's the one that I lived in.
attachment.php

Attachments

• commons16.jpg
    commons16.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 103

jimmybop

MicBat said:
Wow! The similarites of our complexes and our rooms are almost creepy!! One of my room mates even had that flag!!

well the flag came directly from POC, so i'm not too surpised that someone had the same flag...

*sigh* i miss chatham... it was very nice.... now i'm stuck in my school's dorms... it was hard to come back to it after being spoiled like that!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom