Housekeeping

Chi84

Premium Member
Currently, if you decline housekeeping do they still take out the trash as part of the daily room checks or do they just check the room without doing anything now? We'll be at CBR soon and trying to decide whether to simply decline.

MickeyLuv'r

Currently, if you decline housekeeping do they still take out the trash as part of the daily room checks or do they just check the room without doing anything now? We'll be at CBR soon and trying to decide whether to simply decline.
As of August, we did not decline room service, but also did not get service every day. One day service was very late. One day we only got a room check, but they did not do anything to service room. Oh, one day, we came back to room mid-day and a trash can was moved, but that was it. I think that was the day they later serviced our room late, after 6pm.

We did split stays though. One room wasn't ready until 4pm. Next day, no service. We did see staff in the hall though, and everyone was very friendly. I mean they were the among the friendliest housekeeping staff ever. Everyone we passed made an effort to say hello, and ask how our day was. (I think they were prioritizing turnovers.)

We found it partly helpful to put some trash into the trashcans not in our room.* We also re-purposed one of the Mobile order brown paper bags to hold our extra recycling items. It was all clear plastic, so housekeeping could see it was all recycling.

* Often there is one by the elevator and by the entrance/exits.

jaklgreen

I have stayed in 6 different resorts in the last 2 years and decline housekeeping. Every resort, except for POR came in and got the trash everyday.

Br0ckford

As of August, we did not decline room service, but also did not get service every day. One day service was very late. One day we only got a room check, but they did not do anything to service room. Oh, one day, we came back to room mid-day and a trash can was moved, but that was it. I think that was the day they later serviced our room late, after 6pm.

We did split stays though. One room wasn't ready until 4pm. Next day, no service. We did see staff in the hall though, and everyone was very friendly. I mean they were the among the friendliest housekeeping staff ever. Everyone we passed made an effort to say hello, and ask how our day was. (I think they were prioritizing turnovers.)

We found it partly helpful to put some trash into the trashcans not in our room.* We also re-purposed one of the Mobile order brown paper bags to hold our extra recycling items. It was all clear plastic, so housekeeping could see it was all recycling.

* Often there is one by the elevator and by the entrance/exits.
This was our experience in June. Not really any rhyme or reason to service. Just seemed like it was hit or miss.

Chi84

Premium Member
I have stayed in 6 different resorts in the last 2 years and decline housekeeping. Every resort, except for POR came in and got the trash everyday.
Thank you for posting - that's very helpful. If they're going to empty the trash once in awhile, I don't need them to do anything else. I'll just decline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom