Housekeeping

jaklgreen

Not having daily housekeeping is actually worse for the hotel because it causes even more work for the housekeepers. It takes them longer when they actually do go into the rooms. It definitely is not in the hotel's best interest to cut housekeeping longer then necessary. They are still a bit understaffed and are hiring more housekeeping. If you do the math, even if they have only half of the rooms occupied and each housekeeper does 18 rooms a day, which is a lot. They still need 1000 housekeepers a day to clean all of those rooms. That is a lot of housekeepers. And you can't compare a hotel with 80-100 rooms to the thousands of rooms that WDW has. And yes, there are still plenty of people that still do not feel comfortable with having housekeeping coming into their rooms and touching their stuff. I would much rather that the housekeepers have time to clean the rooms thoroughly between guests then to have them waste that time making beds.

Diamond Dot

On my two week stay they told me I would have bed linen changed half way through, so day 7 or 8, it didn't happen and on day 10 I asked for a linen change, I was also extremely unhappy that the tea, coffee and coffee mate weren't replenished, but, that was really no biggie as I was just grabbing tea every time I went to the food court and if a CM had stopped me I would have told them the reason why, I only took enough for what I needed. My room was neither dusted or vacuumed for the first 10 days and the room was only cleaned when I complained. I was dusting it myself, but, that's not the point. If I was there for four of five days then it's not that much of a biggie, but, two weeks without dusting and vacuuming once? Not on. I even thought of asking the mousekeeper if I could borrow her vaccum at one point, but, she might have thought me rude. I swear my room was cleaner when I left than when I checked in.

John park hopper

On my two week stay they told me I would have bed linen changed half way through, so day 7 or 8, it didn't happen and on day 10 I asked for a linen change, I was also extremely unhappy that the tea, coffee and coffee mate weren't replenished, but, that was really no biggie as I was just grabbing tea every time I went to the food court and if a CM had stopped me I would have told them the reason why, I only took enough for what I needed. My room was neither dusted or vacuumed for the first 10 days and the room was only cleaned when I complained. I was dusting it myself, but, that's not the point. If I was there for four of five days then it's not that much of a biggie, but, two weeks without dusting and vacuuming once? Not on. I even thought of asking the mousekeeper if I could borrow her vaccum at one point, but, she might have thought me rude. I swear my room was cleaner when I left than when I checked in.
Sad to the least, When on vacation you should not have to do anything, that's the point of being on vacation, the prices Disney charges you should not have to ask for a cleaned room. Shame on you Disney

DisneyDreamer08

I was at Music back in January/February. Every other day, my towels and coffee were replenished and my floor was swept. On my 5th or 6th day, my bed was also made. I tipped every other day with a bigger tip on my check out day. I often passed mousekeepers outside and they were very friendly. Overall I was happy but of course I do miss full mousekeeping.

Diamond Dot

Sad to the least, When on vacation you should not have to do anything, that's the point of being on vacation, the prices Disney charges you should not have to ask for a cleaned room. Shame on you Disney
Exactly, which is why they have a cheek charging more for less and the only tea they did put in the rooms was Green Tea (yuck) and Earl Grey, which is nice in the afternoon, but, breakfast tea is called breakfast tea for a reason and I noticed they had only the green and Earl Grey on the mousekeeping trollies, I've no idea why.

Diamond Dot

I was at Music back in January/February. Every other day, my towels and coffee were replenished and my floor was swept. On my 5th or 6th day, my bed was also made. I tipped every other day with a bigger tip on my check out day. I often passed mousekeepers outside and they were very friendly. Overall I was happy but of course I do miss full mousekeeping.
I not only left tips, but, I always leave a little gift of UK chocolate On my last day I left a pile of unopened groceries because I had bought too much on Instacart as well as what was left of the chocolates from the days the housekeepers didn't do the room. I do think some of the mousekeepers are taking advantage of not having to do the full works by doing even less than the little expected of them.

jaklgreen

What resort was that? I have gone about 6 times since reopening and have noticed a difference between resorts. IDK if it is staffing or management issues. But at almost every resort, they came in every day to take out the trash, I got fresh towels about every 3 days, and I got a full clean after 5 days. POR had the worst housekeeping, Yacht Club had the best.

jaklgreen

Exactly, which is why they have a cheek charging more for less and the only tea they did put in the rooms was Green Tea (yuck) and Earl Grey, which is nice in the afternoon, but, breakfast tea is called breakfast tea for a reason and I noticed they had only the green and Earl Grey on the mousekeeping trollies, I've no idea why.
I noticed that also about the tea. I feel the exact same way as you do about tea. Green tea is gross and earl grey is fine later on. I love English breakfast tea. I usually bring my own tea and a kettle.

UK Disney

I've just returned from Animal Kingdom Lodge was there for 2 weeks. Towels and bins emptied every other day, while beds changed every 4 days. It was becoming incredibly dusty by the time we left, some guests were just leaving bins outside of rooms which they did seem to empty.

Lilofan

I've just returned from Animal Kingdom Lodge was there for 2 weeks. Towels and bins emptied every other day, while beds changed every 4 days. It was becoming incredibly dusty by the time we left, some guests were just leaving bins outside of rooms which they did seem to empty.
That's a cost savings right there , saving on laundry wash dry usage . Seems like a distant past when I observed the cleaning staff vacuum , dust, clean our bathroom , change sheets and pillowcases on a daily basis when we were in another part of the suite. Those masks may provide another purpose - to not breathe all the built up dust in the rooms.

Diamond Dot

What resort was that? I have gone about 6 times since reopening and have noticed a difference between resorts. IDK if it is staffing or management issues. But at almost every resort, they came in every day to take out the trash, I got fresh towels about every 3 days, and I got a full clean after 5 days. POR had the worst housekeeping, Yacht Club had the best.
Pop Century.

Diamond Dot

I noticed that also about the tea. I feel the exact same way as you do about tea. Green tea is gross and earl grey is fine later on. I love English breakfast tea. I usually bring my own tea and a kettle.
I brought my kettle and it broke the first day:arghh: I did use the coffee maker by taking the tray for the pods out and that prevented the coffee taste. I did phone up housekeeping to see if they provided a kettle, either for free or for a small charge, like they did at Hotel Cheyenne in DLRP, but, it was a bit of a surprise that they didn't. I looked at buying one at WalMart or Target, but, didn't fancy paying $20 as I would have left it behind, I'll just get another travel kettle that is small enough to be packed without adding too much weight to my baggage.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Because as a rule, we Americans don't drink tea in the morning, we drink coffee.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The bean counters found a better way.

So, what happened to the gift card if you opted out of house keeping? Guess Disney found they could get away with less and still charge you more. Want your bed made daily guess you have to do it yourself --not the Disney of years gone by

Yeah the bean counters at Disney broke into the Wuhan Institute of Virology to leak a novel coronavirus into the world, killing 6.3 million people and shutting down the global economy. They also infiltrated consecutive presidential administrations from opposite political parties to sow the seeds of hostility towards immigration that would contribute to a nationwide labor shortage that affects the hospitality and tourism industry most acutely, just so they would have an excuse to limit housekeeping labor costs at Pop Century. This was all coordinated by the MBAs in Team Disney Orlando, 4th floor.

Few know this.

drizgirl

Yeah the bean counters at Disney broke into the Wuhan Institute of Virology to leak a novel coronavirus into the world, killing 6.3 million people and shutting down the global economy. They also infiltrated consecutive presidential administrations from opposite political parties to sow the seeds of hostility towards immigration that would contribute to a nationwide labor shortage that affects the hospitality and tourism industry most acutely, just so they would have an excuse to limit housekeeping labor costs at Pop Century. This was all coordinated by the MBAs in Team Disney Orlando, 4th floor.

Few know this.
Nah. More like "never let a crisis go to waste".

jaklgreen

I brought my kettle and it broke the first day:arghh: I did use the coffee maker by taking the tray for the pods out and that prevented the coffee taste. I did phone up housekeeping to see if they provided a kettle, either for free or for a small charge, like they did at Hotel Cheyenne in DLRP, but, it was a bit of a surprise that they didn't. I looked at buying one at WalMart or Target, but, didn't fancy paying $20 as I would have left it behind, I'll just get another travel kettle that is small enough to be packed without adding too much weight to my baggage.
$20 is cheap for a kettle where I live. How much is it where you live? I swear, Americans pay way too much for things, especially groceries.

castlecake2.0

Because those are the standard teas they leave in the room?

castlecake2.0

Few know this.
I’ve been at Disney University and Casting a lot
Lately and they’re practically begging for housekeepers. Sign on bonuses, referral bonus program, open application job fairs. Disney wants to restore housekeeping, they just can’t get the staff(for many different reasons). They’ve tried to backfill with CPs but a lot end up quitting over it. It’s a real mess and one that I don’t necessarily thing Disney is trying to do on purpose.

Diamond Dot

Because those are the standard teas they leave in the room?
No, it was always Breakfast tea. I don't recall there being Green tea and certainly not Earl Grey before.
$20 is cheap for a kettle where I live. How much is it where you live? I swear, Americans pay way too much for things, especially groceries.
That was the cheapest I could find, it was the value brands at WalMart and Target, I saw one kettle at $120! For that price i would expect it to actually make the tea and serve it to me. My kettle at home is a £12 Tesco one and does everything I need it to do. You can pick them up for less, but, this was a good price. The price of groceries is more in the US, a quality loaf of bread here is £1.10 ($1.30?) and milk is a shocker!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom