Housekeeping

MattH20

Original Poster
I know that Disney reduced the frequency (and probably quality) of its housekeeping during Covid. Does anyone know if this has now returned to normal? Daily housekeeping has not seemed to be a problem at other hotels I’ve stayed at recently so I’m assuming its back to daily at Disney….?

MattH20

Original Poster
Hmmm, that’s a deluxe resort isn’t it?
We are due at yacht club, struggling to see why they wouldn’t be doing daily now. However, I’m worried that’s not the reality.

drizgirl

Hmmm, that’s a deluxe resort isn’t it?
We are due at yacht club, struggling to see why they wouldn’t be doing daily now. However, I’m worried that’s not the reality.
No need to struggle to figure this out. Sometimes it really is the most obvious answer.

They're using the cover of the pandemic to get away with providing the least possible for as long as possible.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I know it sounds trivial but daily housekeeping is really a nice thing to have at a place like WDW. Nothing beats coming back to the room from a long day at the parks to a tidied hotel room. Sadly my husband isn't too keen on having housekeeping in the room, so even when we travel to other places, he often keeps the DND sign on.

drizgirl

I know it sounds trivial but daily housekeeping is really a nice thing to have at a place like WDW. Nothing beats coming back to the room from a long day at the parks to a tidied hotel room. Sadly my husband isn't too keen on having housekeeping in the room, so even when we travel to other places, he often keeps the DND sign on.
Disney is entering the room every day whether you put a sign up or not. Might as well take the room cleaning on the off chance you can get it.

castlecake2.0

Currently:
Grand Floridian: full service every day
All other Deluxe: full service every other day
All other resorts: trash and towel service every other day

They’re actively hiring, sometimes rooms might get more service than above depending on availability.

Room checks will happen on days that no housekeeping service happens. You can call housekeeping from the in room phone to arrange a preferred time for the room check or to request any amenities to be brought to the room.

Geek4WDW

We just returned from our stay at POP, I used the online check in thru the app and it gave me options to choose for housekeeping. I choice full service on day 4. However, day after check in, the garbage was taken out and more towels added. This seemed to happen daily, so I left $$, but $$ was never taken. Beds were not made until day 4 and floor swept that day also (we could care less if beds made or not). Sad that they no longer make mickey ears with towels on the beds, or grab the WDW stuff around the room and display it in the windows. Those good old Disney days with the little touches.:)

Weather_Lady

We just returned from our stay at POP, I used the online check in thru the app and it gave me options to choose for housekeeping. I choice full service on day 4. However, day after check in, the garbage was taken out and more towels added. This seemed to happen daily, so I left $$, but $$ was never taken. Beds were not made until day 4 and floor swept that day also (we could care less if beds made or not). Sad that they no longer make mickey ears with towels on the beds, or grab the WDW stuff around the room and display it in the windows. Those good old Disney days with the little touches.:)
Just curious. Did you have to pay extra for the full service option you selected?

MattH20

Original Poster
There was an option on the app for daily service. I knew we didn't need that option. All we did was sleep in room and shower.
Would have thought that daily service would be something to choose to opt out of rather than need to request.

is this something that I’ll need to do at check in or just through virtual check in through the app?

John park hopper

So, what happened to the gift card if you opted out of house keeping? Guess Disney found they could get away with less and still charge you more. Want your bed made daily guess you have to do it yourself --not the Disney of years gone by

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom