Housekeeping Theft

Sandurz

Can't post the link but some housekeepers caught in a sting stealing $65 each...

Now when will they hold a sting for all those being taken at the Dessert Parties?

Employees at Disney World in Orlando were caught stealing money from guests, $65 a piece, did ya see this, did ya hear about this?

image-1.jpg

That's right, it was the guys working the ticket counter for the dessert party!

StarWarsGirl

That's why unfortunately I make sure my things are secured before leaving the room. I'd like to be able to trust anyone, but you just can't unfortunately.

JIMINYCR

Similar situations have happened in the past. And its surely to happen again at some point. Some people are untrustworthy and will take advantage of others when the chance happens. At Disney, as any company employing a large number of people, you will have a small % of thefts by bad characters. Its good that they are caught some times. Any money or valuables should be locked up and nothing of value should be left unattended. Could happen at any hotel, it just makes headlines because its Disney.

Hydrocity Zone

Part of me is surprised. Theft happens everywhere, and can happen at any hotel, but paying a ton and worrying about my electronics when I'm out of the room is not my idea of a relaxing time.

Plowboy

I'm sorry to say I'm not shocked. As someone else noted, with thousands of employees there's bound to be a few bad apples.
However, if people are stupid enough to leave valuables (cash, jewelry, electronics, souvenirs etc.) unprotected (not locked in luggage or placed in a safe) they deserve what they get.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Part of me is surprised. Theft happens everywhere, and can happen at any hotel, but paying a ton and worrying about my electronics when I'm out of the room is not my idea of a relaxing time.
I mean, it's really no different than leaving your house for a week. Sure you can spend the entire vacation being anxious about the house getting robbed but the odds are low. Just relax and have a good time.

Last edited:

Diamond Dot

I never take anything of value like jewellery on vacation. I had a phone stolen some years ago, but, that was taken by a guest. That taught me to back up any photos taken on my phone onto the cloud because that was what hurt most, half of my photos from that trip were lost, I could cancel the sim if she bypassed the password to the phone, but, those photos were irreplaceable.

NelleBelle

We are a family of seven who travels with electronics store worth of equipment. "Lock up your valuables" is not exactly practical for us. :) Fortunately, so far we've never had anything stolen.
Our family of 4 travel with tons of electronics as well (DH works in IT and can't possibly leave the house without his laptop, my laptop and/or tablet, 2 teenagers who can't seem to travel anywhere lately without Nintendo Switch, phones, cords, power banks, etc). I have medication that could fetch some nice cash if sold on the street. Of course we lock up as much as we can in those ridiculous safes , but the rest gets locked up in our luggage! Do you really just leave them "unlocked" and about?? I mean, I know they could tear into our suitcases via slashing the zippers, but it'd be pretty obvious that someone "broke in" at that point. 😆

JIMINYCR

At Disneyland Paris, it's your fault if your belongings get stolen by Disney housekeepers lol

View attachment 635139
Well I'd say it really is your fault for being naive and leaving something valuable lying around in the open without thinking of securing it. Knowing human nature, that some people cant resist temptation and others look for opportunity to benefit off of your lack of judgement, youre odds of having something stolen is fairly high. I dont know of any hotel that doesnt have a guest warning like this.
Thou shalt not steal isnt a principal of importance taught to many as it once was. Its now Thou shalt take advantage of.

ppete1975

At Disneyland Paris, it's your fault if your belongings get stolen by Disney housekeepers lol

View attachment 635139
its a catch 22... if they say they do cover your property then i could lie and say someone stole my ipad and nintendo switch. If disney were to replace that it could quickly get out of control, especially with how some people are scammers LEARN HOW TO GET FREE STUFF FROM DISNEY HOTELS.
If you had stuff that ended up stolen i am sure disney would have you file out a police report, and look into it. In theory your insurance should pay for the stolen items. I can see Disney doing something to make it up to you.. but it wouldnt be something they would advertise. Also would depend on dollar amount. I am sure if you said 20 dollars was stolen they would prob just give it to you, unless it became an issue... if it was a non disney item and over 100 dollars then its prob police report and your insurance.
The big difference between the parking lot signs and this though is that its their employee that has a key to your room.. where the parking lot is prob just a random vandal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom