Hours Changing in August

Tom Morrow

I suspect this might have to do with lessening the crowd surges, especially when exiting through CityWalk when both parks close at the same time.

They're also saving money by reducing both parks by one hour but still giving those with access to both parks the same amount of time to enjoy them. Smart move.

Unfortunately, this also means USF will be busier in the morning and IOA will be busier at closing.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Will they stagger the park opening to only certain days of the week?
That is looking increasingly likely. Disney is considering this, too, but I gather Universal is arriving there first because they’ve been open much longer and are feeling desperation given that the elusive vacationer is still eluding them.

BrianLo

That is looking increasingly likely. Disney is considering this, too, but I gather Universal is arriving there first because they’ve been open much longer and are feeling desperation given that the elusive vacationer is still eluding them.

I can only imagine it's been getting worse for them. Unlike Disney they've now had to ride out the full brunt of the worsening Pandemic while open AND lose their brief solo gig in town spot to the 800-lb Gorilla reopening down the street.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Starting 8/2, there will be a staggered opening—USF 9 am to 5 pm (8 am open for resort guests), IOA 10 am to 6 pm. Mid-month, VB moves to 10 am to 5 pm.

Do you know if UO's problem is that WDW also finally opened and is now winning over guests at the expense of UO?

71jason

Well they are both competing mostly for locals who have “been there, done that” suffering in the heat at UO with masks. WDW is more novel for now. As for (the few) vacationers, yes, they are picking WDW resorts over UO.

No question if there's been a "winner" (using that term very loosely) in re-opening, it's been DHS, which has 4 new E-tickets even a lot of APs never got a chance to ride. MK coasts on nostalgia and the novelty of walking onto everything. The other parks are clearly struggling.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
No question if there's been a "winner" (using that term very loosely) in re-opening, it's been DHS, which has 4 new E-tickets even a lot of APs never got a chance to ride. MK coasts on nostalgia and the novelty of walking onto everything. The other parks are clearly struggling.
I’m surprised at DAK. APs always struggled to get FOP FPs. I’d imagine they’d love the 15-minute waits?

Epcot is a wasteland. Basically Disney Springs with a few old rides but not free. Thank goodness it will have something new to market soon.

71jason

Looks like Cowfish and BigFire, potentially others in CityWalk, have cut hours to 4 - 10, Thursday thru Sunday.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Universal. Is. Panicking.

They canceled their 3rd park, had lay-offs, cut hours significantly, are closing rides, had further lay-offs, will cut hours further, and will lay-off further.

Don't forget deeply discounted ticket offerings because they're far from getting enough guests even with reduced capacity.

IanDLBZF

SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa are already doing this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom