Hours and Entry to GALAXY'S EDGE from July 2019 onward

HoraceHorizons

Original Poster
Does anyone know how the reservations and entry times will be handled after June 2019? I have a trip planned in August during D23 and I made the trip a full week assuming I could spend at least a day exploring Galaxy's Edge by day and by night. I don't think I'm interested in staying for a week if I can't spend more than a few hours in Galaxy's Edge.

Any ideas? Input?

Darkbeer1

What I have heard/read. The Disneyland App will be a virtual queue system, for same day use. When you are close to the front, you will need to get in a real time waiting queue.

There will be no limit to remain in the area. (Once you exit, you must get a new return time. When a certain amount leave, then an equal amount of those in the real time line get to enter.

But Disney will start with a planned system, and will make adjustments over the next few weeks as they find problems. So what is the process in early July might be different than the end of July.

Darkbeer1

What about EMH for onsite guests? I’ve got to assume they want to market that to sell hotel rooms.

Unknown yet. Probably through the Disneyland App. Could work with the current system for both Disney Hotels, and 3 day or More Tickets (One Early Entry). Since you can't book until you enter the park, those allowed in early can book the first spaces of the day, and might even sell out the day before regular opening.

As stated, they will start with what they hope works, and then make adjustments. But if their booking are already high, why bother with a perk. Something to offer after the first few months and a pattern has been made.,

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
What about EMH for onsite guests? I’ve got to assume they want to market that to sell hotel rooms.
EMH?

(yes, I know what EMH really means)

Darkbeer1

Unknown yet. Probably through the Disneyland App. Could work with the current system for both Disney Hotels, and 3 day or More Tickets (One Early Entry). Since you can't book until you enter the park, those allowed in early can book the first spaces of the day, and might even sell out the day before regular opening.

As stated, they will start with what they hope works, and then make adjustments. But if their booking are already high, why bother with a perk. Something to offer after the first few months and a pattern has been made.,

Pretty much nailed it, ANYBODY eligible for early entry can go to Galaxy's Edge right away, and when it is filled, then you are first in the queue. But since you must enter the gate prior to booking the reservation, the key will be get up early! (Go back and take a nap midday if needed).

britain

There will be no limit to remain in the area. (Once you exit, you must get a new return time. When a certain amount leave, then an equal amount of those in the real time line get to enter.

Did you mean exit Galaxy's Edge or exit Disneyland? I might like to get up at 4 to get a good spot in the security line, get in the gate, make SW reservations, and then go right back to my hotel bed. No can do?

Darkbeer1

Did you mean exit Galaxy's Edge or exit Disneyland? I might like to get up at 4 to get a good spot in the security line, get in the gate, make SW reservations, and then go right back to my hotel bed. No can do?
I meant exiting GE, not the park.

And the GE system starting June 24th is a Virtual Queue system. So let's say GE holds 5,000 people. When the park opens (And Disney Hotel Guests should get Early Entry To DL every day, the 3 day or more Tickets Early Entry is every other day, and only one per trip), they go right into the area. Then the DL App starts handing out Virtual Queue tickets, starting at 5,001. But those folks numbers are at the top of the list, so you get in a real queue. Lets say 500 people get in that. Then your number (5,501+) is your place in the virtual queue. 250 people leave GE, so the first 250 in the real queue enter, and then numbers 5,501 to 5,750 get the Push notification on their phone, or those who went to get the paper version, at those machines, and at the real queue entrance will show the highest number to get into the real queue. And the process repeats.

Unknown is if your queue number expires or is good for the rest of the day. My guess, like FP's there will be a grace period, say about a hour's worth, so you can finish what you are doing when you get the Push notice on your phone (riding, eating, etc.) then head to the real queue. Also, EVERY member of a group must actually enter the park with their ticket/AP to get a queue number, so one person can't get up early, check in for the group, and then go back to get the rest of the group.

That is how I read the rules.

Last edited:

winstongator

I meant exiting GE, not the park.

And the GE system starting June 24th is a Virtual Queue system. So let's say GE holds 5,000 people. When the park opens (And Disney Hotel Guests should get Early Entry To DL every day, the 3 day or more Tickets Early Entry is every other day, and only one per trip), they go right into the area. Then the DL App starts handing out Virtual Queue tickets, starting at 5,001. But those folks numbers are at the top of the list, so you get in a real queue. Lets say 500 people get in that. Then your number (5,501+) is your place in the virtual queue. 250 people leave GE, so the first 250 in the real queue enter, and then numbers 5,501 to 5,750 get the Push notification on their phone, or those who went to get the paper version, at those machines, and at the real queue entrance will show the highest number to get into the real queue. And the process repeats.

Unknown is if your queue number expires or is good for the rest of the day. My guess, like FP's there will be a grace period, say about a hour's worth, so you can finish what you are doing when you get the Push notice on your phone (riding, eating, etc.) then head to the real queue. Also, EVERY member of a group must actually enter the park with their ticket/AP to get a queue number, so one person can't get up early, check in for the group, and then go back to get the rest of the group.

That is how I read the rules.
Is there an estimate of the land's capacity? For Smuggler's Run, 1800 hourly capacity X 3 hr line = 5400 just for that. Take a 50% factor for on-ride+in-line, and you're at around 10k. When ROTR opens, you're looking at more than 10k just in line. If they do limit it to 5k or so, that will put a 2-2.5 hr limit on the wait for Smuggler's Run.

Darkbeer1

I used the 5,000 number as a simple example. Not sure how many people will be allowed. But if Smuggler's Run goes 101, then there needs to be space for those exiting the ride at the same time somewhere to go.

winstongator

I used the 5,000 number as a simple example. Not sure how many people will be allowed. But if Smuggler's Run goes 101, then there needs to be space for those exiting the ride at the same time somewhere to go.
Good point. That would not be a fun moment. 5000 with half in line for Smugglers run puts the wait time around 80 minutes. Maybe actual is somewhere between that and the chaos that the Wizarding World saw.

The ride going down must have impacted Pandora's opening too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom