Pre-Trip Hotter Than Tatooine on a Good Day...A September Pre-Trip Report

I can't believe I'm writing my pre-trip report before finishing up my April birthday report, but we leave in exactly 14 days, so time is of the essence!

WHO: My dad (Matt) and me (Carrie) — we're leaving my mom home for our very first father/daughter trip!

WHEN: August 30-September 8

WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter

WHY: Cause it seemed like a good idea at the time...:hilarious:

336277890.jpeg

(Here we are in Toy Story Land during our Christmas 2018 trip!)

With this trip, it will be the first time ever that I'm in Disney three separate times in the same year! We used to go every other year, and since 2014, I've been once a year. But 2019 has been a year full of Disney (not that I'm complaining)! We're taking 2020 off (though we're debating doing our third Disney Cruise...I haven't been on one since I was 12, so I'm excited!), so I really want to savor this trip.

This weird, weird trip. Originally, my dad and I were planning a trip to Disneyland. But then we heard that Galaxy's Edge would open there first, in the Spring. So we decided that it would be way too crowded for a while, so we'd put DL off until another year (yes, I know, I can hear you laughing at me). I mentioned that WDW hadn't been too crowded at all when my friend B and I were there the week of Labor Day in 2017 (never mind the fact that that was the trip I tore my ACL on...), and that the crowd calendars were mostly showing 1s and 2s for that week in 2019. Since we had to leave our 2018 Christmas trip four days early since we were all very sick, wouldn't it be nice to have a WDW do-over before Galaxy's Edge opened in the late fall (which is WHAT THEY HAD ANNOUNCED)? Since we all know "late fall" for Disney means like December 20, we'd beat the GE crowds and have a hopefully pretty chill week. The only thing we'd have to contend with would be the heat. We tend to go to Disney in the late fall, winter, or early spring to avoid the oppressive heat and humidity.

Well. That all worked out in exactly the opposite way, didn't it? DL is a ghost town and we're checking in the day after Galaxy's Edge opens.

:banghead:

We debated canceling the trip after the GE opening date was announced, but we'd already booked our flights, so we decided to just go with the flow and try to have as fun a trip as possible.

Though it will be hotter than the surface of the sun, and the crowds may be much greater than expected, we're still excited. This is the first time my dad and I are going on a trip together, so that will add another element of challenge/newness :hilarious:.

As some of you may know, I just went to Disney with my mom for my 30th birthday in April, and we had THE. BEST. TIME. EVER. I keep telling my dad he has a lot to live up to... :angelic:

We leave in 14 days!! I can't believe it! I'll post about our many (probably too many) plans in the next post!

chimchimcheree

Thank you! :)

Exciting! Have you ever been on one before? The longest my dad and I have been on a trip together was overnight once to see a concert...
We've done a couple where he visits me at school and we take a weekend trip somewhere, but never to Disney! (That was the selling point, and I'm the favorite child, so it was an easy sell... :p)

carriehpotter

Original Poster
We've done a couple where he visits me at school and we take a weekend trip somewhere, but never to Disney! (That was the selling point, and I'm the favorite child, so it was an easy sell... :p)
I'm my dad's favorite, too. Of course, I'm also his only child, so that may have something to do with it :hilarious: That's awesome, though! I bet you guys are gonna have the best time in Disney!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom