Hotels.. Should have...

JonnyK

A Laptop or Computer Rental for the room where everyone can log on the internet to check there email and surf on the net and upload there photos from a digital camera to a special Photo Server that is compatible to be saved until they return home.

Just imagine.. your just relaxing and wanting to kick off your shoes after the parks.. uploading your pictures.. sharing them thru email to a friend of yours...

many reasons the "Disney's Hotels" should have them Installed in the rooms or just have them as a rental

what ya think?

orangefan15

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
I can see the advantages of computer/modem links in hotels BUT why would you want to spend time in the hotel downloading photos etc when you could be in the parks having fun ?

That's exactly what I was thinking...

I love all my technology (laptop, palm pilot, cell phone, etc.) but I use 'em all day every day of my life. I go on vacation to get away from all this stuff.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Yeah, the fridge prices have become totally insane!

I guess the powers that be figured out we were actually saving a little $ by renting them, so they upped the price

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

It's funny....
You can buy a small dorm-size fridge and microwave at Wal-Mart for about $49 each now!
To rent it for $10 - $20 a day doesn't sound very good!

:lol:

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
It's funny....
You can buy a small dorm-size fridge and microwave at Wal-Mart for about $49 each now!
To rent it for $10 - $20 a day doesn't sound very good!

:lol:

Which is exactly why we bought one before our last trip, but it's also why Disney charges that much too I guess, to make a large profit.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Originally posted by moonchild
Spider man....did you bring a refridge with you ? :veryconfu

Yes, I did. I had my 18 month son with us, and we needed to have plenty of Milk and Juice, so rather than pay to rent one each night (7 nights), we bought a mini fridge and took it with us. We stayed at AKL.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Yes, I did. I had my 18 month son with us, and we needed to have plenty of Milk and Juice, so rather than pay to rent one each night (7 nights), we bought a mini fridge and took it with us. We stayed at AKL.

Upvote 0

Willbgone

I must ditto the hairdryers and mini fridges and add MICROWAVE!!! This was a huge thing for us, we are staying on site for the first time ever and almost didn't because we wouldn't have these things. Maybe one day!

Upvote 0

crazygirley

I'm spoiled. The rooms should have towel warmers, Godiva chocolates on the pillows, 800 count sheets, champagne, and 34" flat screen T.V.s, the kind that hang on the wall. I'm only kidding, though, don't take me seriously.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

If the fridges are that cheap at Wal-Mart..say $50 and you will be at the resort for more than a weekend it would be cheaper to buy one at Wal Mart and take it with you to the resort.

We did this with a stroller for the older kids..bought a decent one for about $25 at Wal Mart after we landed, used it for the 11 days we were there and passed it on to a family checking in when we were checking out~

Even if you just abandoned the fridge in the room for the housekeeper to keep (we did this with some towels we bought for the beach & pool..the housekeeper came running out saying we forgot our beach towels and I said I already bought one extra bag and we didnt have room so we were pitching them, she asked if she could have them and I said sure!) anyway...you would still save money to buy one, use it and make someone really happy~

Upvote 0

pepsistar

:D Dwarful-- You are a wonderful person--- the housekeeper and the guest you gave the items to were probably in shock-- So unbelievable for someone to give without asking for anything in return these days! Really made me feel good. :D

Crazygurly "YEP" I agree, I think Disney, as much as I love it, Is way behind on the ammenities. Especially for the prices they charge. "BUT" with everything going on I do not think we will see any changes in the "extras" for a long time. Boo Hooooooooooo.

One new thing I find that I do not like is not getting the shower hat, lotion. shampoo etc anymore except at the deluxe resorts-- Blah to the soap dispenser in the bath!!!!

They should really have the hairdryers, and coffeemakers in the rooms without asking. I would think an iron and board should also just be in the rooms like some of the other hotels. Not just by request, in all of the rooms from the All Star Resorts and up----

I may try the small fridge next time instead of the ice and etc. Did not know the price was so reasonable---- Maybe we could leave it for another of our friends on this site-- (could Tyler keep it on his bus/ monorail Ha ha?) If we new who was coming????

What do you think??:animwink: :lol: :lookaroun

Upvote 0

disneydudette

I kinda want a continental breakfast without having to go to the FC...I know thats a perk of Conceirge.....but I think it would be nice to wake up....walk somewhere closer than the FC.....and sit and grab cup of coffee and bagel....i know you would have to pay...but I would....

hair dryer
larger shamppos and conditioners
huge towels
closer places to get refils with the mugs
feather-down matress pads:king:
a fridge/ no charge (bring one)
a microwave/ no charge (bring one)
OH*** and I think every resort should have a decent grocery store....not like the ones they have now....better and cheeper ones....

yea..i know I kinda just realized a conceirge room mixed with a DVC resort....but it could happen....

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

I would love for a Dunkin Donuts to be somewhere in Disney.. addicted to caffiene, and thats the only coffee I drink..hehe..I can't stand home made coffee.. It's just not the same! lol

Upvote 0

Scooter

Contemporary Resort Concierge has coffee makers...but the coffee they give you is NASTY.:hurl:

I bought a one cup coffee maker and pack it in my suitcase and bring my own coffee. It's really small and no trouble to pack. My wife doesn't drink coffee so it's perfect for me.

I boost my cream and sugar from the resort snack shops.:zipit:

BTW...Great idea about bringing your own small fridge.
That thing would pay for itself in one or two trips.
Unfortunately we always fly to Disney World so it's wouldn't work for us. :(

Upvote 0

pepsistar

:lookaroun Scooter Most of the hotels on Disney property have coffee makers and hairdryers. you just have to ask/request one.
Even the All Stars, at lesst they did. ?????

If I remember there was not a charge, just first come, first served. However, the fridge used to be $10.00 a night now it is? $ 20.00 one of the others said. Hummmmmm

May you won't have to bring one next time:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom