Hotels for my propsed 6th Disney theme park

KentB3

Original Poster
I now have my list of hotels ready for my proposed Disney park.
So far, I have 5 hotels, plus a campground. Four of these hotels will run in the Dexlue to Moderate price range ($133 + per night) with all the services and amenities of the WDW's Deluxe resorts. The 5th will be a Value-priced resort ($75-$124 per night) . These are the hotels that will be avaliable at the time of the park's opening-- more hotels and expansions of existing hotels will occur as time goes by and the number of guests increase over the years. Here is what I have so far, listed from most expensive/luxurious to least:

Disneyland Hotel: This is the crown jewel of the hotels at this proposed 6th Disney park. The layout is similar to to Grand Californian in Anaheim, but the architecture-- especially on the outside, is very similar to the Grand Floridan at WDW in Orlando.
There are 751 rooms inside-- the same as the Grand Californian Hotel.

Disney's Hollywood Hotel: This hotel overlooks the Disney Studios theme park, or Phase 2 as I called in my planning stages.
Disney's Hollywood Hotel has a Hollywood theme to it-- sort of like the Hollywood theming at MGM Grand in Las Vegas-- but with more of a Disney focus as opposed to MGM, as well as more of a generalized Hollywood theme (theming may incorporate films from other studios as well, but Disney's films will be far more represented, of course!) and certainly far less flashy Vegas-type lights! This is somewhat similar to the hotel in the proposed Hong Kong park, but will also have a number of differences as well. There are 600 rooms inside the Hollywood Hotel.

Disneyland Contemporary Resort: I know what you're thinking-- this is nothing but a WDW clone! Well it is, but not quite. For one thing, this is quite larger than its WDW counterpart; as all rooms are inside the tower. As a result, the Contemporary here will be quite larger-- with 730 rooms inside an 18 story tower (actually 17, since the 13th floor will be excluded like the Contemporary at WDW!). I figured this out from simple math equations-- WDW's Contemporary has 393 rooms within a 14 story tower. 48 rooms are on most floors, with 24 on the 5th floor (to make room for the monorail on the other side!), and 33 suites are on the top floor, IIRC. I decided on 60 rooms per most floors, since 60 is a nice round number and would make it compatible (more of less) with the other hotels. The 5th floor with the monorail station has 30 rooms, and the 18th floor has 40 suites. I came up with 60 rooms and 18 floors, since 60 and 18 respectively both make the tower 1/5 larger than its WDW counterpart, while maintaining basically the same building shape. I chose the Contemporary, despite WDW having one, since I always found it to be a facinating building to look at, especially with the the monorail going right through the building!

In addition to the larger tower, Disneyland's Contemporary will have primarily different shops and restaurants from the Contemporary at WDW; for example, Chef Mickey's is at Downtown Disney instead of here, so a new and different character meal will be here instead. The Contemporary and the Disneyland Hotel are both adjacent to and overlook The Magic Kingdom.

Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel: Even though the name is similar to its Disneyland counterpart, this hotel will also be quite different in many ways-- all I can think of so far is different shops and restaurants, and more than likely a different design and layout (even slight differences should be incorporated, IMHO)
Paradise Pier Hotel has 502 rooms inside.

Disney's All-Stars Resort: This is the proposed park's Value resort, similar to the All-Star Movies at WDW, and focuses on the Disney cartoons and their animated stars. Unlike ASM, only animated films are used in the theming, unlike Herbie the Love Bug. Also, the resort is broken up into 12 buildings (2 per cartoon) instead of ASM's 10, which allows for more cartoons and characters to be used. Here are the various themes used for each section of the resort:

1.) 101 Dalmations
2.) Aladdin
3.) Fantasia
4.) The Little Mermaid (includes a Little Mermaid themed pool, with a shallower kiddie pool, which replaces the Fantasia pool)
5) The Three Cabilleros (includes the other pool, which replaces the Mighty Ducks Duck Pond-- with the centerpiece of Donald and his costars shooting water pistols into the pool, much like the Calypso Pool centerpiece at WDW's All-Star Music!)
6.) Toy Story

Each building has 160 rooms, with 320 per cartoon theme, for a grand total of 1,920 rooms. The All Stars Hall is the main building, which includes the offices, food court, snack bar, and lounge/bar).

Disneyland Campground: Similar to Fort Wilderness campground at WDW, Disneyland Campground has 207 campsites (the same number as Carowinds Campground), along with 108 cabins. This gives us a total of 315 "rooms" (for lack of a better term) for the guests. Disneyland Campground also includes the same services and aneminites as Fort Wilderness Campground; such as a children's playground, arcade, swimming pool, tennis courts, and an entertainment show much like the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue at FW Campground.

All 5 resort hotels and the campground give us a total of 4,818 rooms/cabins/campsites for the guests-- more than twice the number of hotel rooms at DL Anaheim (2,248 between its 3 hotels). IIRC, WDW has approximately 30,000 between its numerous resorts. If demand and the number of guests increase over the years (which they should!), more hotels and rooms will be added.

Well there you have it, the hotels for my proposed 6th park! These hotels, along with the 3 parks and Downtown Disney (possibly a golf course as well), sit on a 1,200 acre site; over 4 times the size of DL Anaheim's property (just under 300 acres, including the hotels) and nearly 4 times that of Hong Kong's park as of its opening (310 acres), but considerably smaller than
WDW Resort at 43 square miles (nearly 30,000 acres). As I have said earlier, this proposed park is not a substitute for WDW, but a different park to visit in addition to WDW and the other Disney theme parks. That is why I have been constantly cutting out similarities to WDW in each new draft of the park I have written up so far!

If anyone has questions/comments/suggestions, please feel free to post, since I really could use your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you! :)

Favrefire4

Well it sounds pretty good but I have a few concerns. First off, by doing the Hollywood Hotel and All Star Movie's that is pretty repetitive. Especailly if you use animated movies at the Hollywood Hotel. Secondly, if it were mine I would connect every hotel to the two parks and to each other for that matter whether being monorail, light rail, or anything you want.

KentB3

Original Poster
Could anyone help me out here?

Originally posted by Favrefire4
Well it sounds pretty good but I have a few concerns. First off, by doing the Hollywood Hotel and All Star Movie's that is pretty repetitive. Especailly if you use animated movies at the Hollywood Hotel. Secondly, if it were mine I would connect every hotel to the two parks and to each other for that matter whether being monorail, light rail, or anything you want.

Actually, I was going to place more of an emphasis on the characters instead of their films. However, Fantasia, Three Calliberos, and Toy Story are the names of films instead of the characters. Could anyone here help me out with this?

So far, all I can think of is remaiming the Fantasia inns House of Mouse, 3 Calliberos the Duck Pond, and the Toy Story buildings Buzz and Woody's. Not sure about Little Mermaid, Alladin, and 101 Dalmations, since those titles refer to the characters in these films and opposed to the other 3 titles. Still, I really need your help with this. If anyone has ideas, please feel free to post! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom