Hotels blocked or booked

eliopoulos@desp

My wife and I are confused.

We've set aside 10 days in February to go to WDW. We've called to make reservations only to find out our choice of hotels is blocked out. I asked if it was booked or blocked out. He said he didn't know, asked around and no one had an answer. He said a few other hotels were blocked out as well.

It's the first week of February, so it sounds strange that so many hotels would be booked. Before booking another hotel, I wanted to know if it was going to be extrememly crowded or if it was just a computer thing and that we could book our hotel at another time. No answers, though he told us to call the hotel directly to get answers if it was booked or not which we did.

The woman who answered there was rather rude, said they don't have that kind of information and we must understand that "Disney is very popular, you know."

So, my question is, how do we get an answer? Do we book another hotel? Do we chance going during a busy week when we were hoping to go at a quiet time? How do we get the answers? Any suggestions?

cherrynegra

Again, thanks for your very helpful and informative posts JP. I always seem to learn something new whenever you answer people's questions, and I get a much better understanding of the reservations system to help me with my trip planning. :wave:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

mousermerf said:
Wow, i said KK was a wholesaler? I need more sleep :p

JP, you forgot to mention you're not allowed to offering whatever Option #3 is unless #1 and #2 have been offered first and refused...

Actually that has recently changed. We can now offer any of the offers listed before we refine our search. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I am definately able to pull up the Beach Club for a week starting on Feb 2.

Pam

Ok..stupid me, I thought you wanted the Beach or Yacht. Sorry about that. What about the Boardwalk? It's a beautiful resort and they have availability also.

Upvote 0

eliopoulos@desp

Original Poster
JP: Thanks so much for your help and for the helpful answers. I agree, the Beach is just as nice as the Yacht, but my kids really enjoy the Yacht and thus, the desire to stay there.

We discovered after calling the hotel itself about reservations, from the suggestion of the rep, and got the answer that they don't know beyond the coming few days what the schedule looks like, so we learned THAT lesson. :)

Refurbishments may be an answer, or a convention, but we aren't near President's Weekend.

It may come down to booking Beach, I just think it's not real nice that we're spending a lot of money on a vacation and not able to get the hotel we hope for. I will keep trying to get the Yacht, and settle for the Beach.

But what is the normal cost to modify hotel reservations?

Yoda: Big Star Wars fan? Don't know if you would give a flying fig, but I actually wrote and drew a couple of stories for the Star Wars comics from Dark Horse--Star Wars Tales. Guess Star Wars fans are also Disney fans! :)

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

eliopoulos@desp said:
But what is the normal cost to modify hotel reservations?

If you book a room-only reservation - none*

If you book a vacation package - $50 change fee + $10 handling fee to cover mailing your new travel documents if the change occurs within 45 days of arrival. The $50 fee can be waived if the change results in a higher package price. The $10 handling fee is only applied if the change occurs within 14 days of arrival.

* If the room-only reservation was booked online using select discount offers (such as the Passholder Best Rate Offer) change fees may apply if the change results in a lower package price.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
eliopoulos@desp said:
Yoda: Big Star Wars fan? Don't know if you would give a flying fig, but I actually wrote and drew a couple of stories for the Star Wars comics from Dark Horse--Star Wars Tales. Guess Star Wars fans are also Disney fans! :)
Yes, I would give a flying fig maybee even a hairy rats patootie. :lol: Which ones did you write? I am not a real aficionado on the EU, I stick primely to the movies, thanks to the horrible trilogy by Kevin J Anderson :hurl: ), but I am always willing to expand my Star Wars horizons. If you are a big Star Wars fan you should check out the Star Wars weekends at MGM in late May and early June.

Upvote 0

eliopoulos@desp

Original Poster
Jp: Once again, thanks. The info has been extremely helpful!

Yoda: I don't remember which specific issues they were--did them a couple years back. Star Wars Tales was the title. My son is a big fan (as big a fan as a six year old can be) and loves the Star Tours ride. Maybe one year we will get out for the Star Wars weekends.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom