Hotels around Universal?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Anyone have any good hotel recommendations for a weekend getaway to Universal?

I'd normally goto WL or something on or close to Disney, but I want to be closer to Universal since I plan on spending most of my time there. Just a place to rest for the night and maybe enjoy some amenities, but i'm just there for the weekend.

Any suggestions? Oh, really want high speed internet and possibly wifi.

WDWForever07

Have you checked out the 3 resort hotels that UO has to offer? They're pretty nice, if I say so myself. If for some reason you do not want to stay on property (if you do, you get Free Express access), you can stay at a Double Tree hotel that's on Major Blvd.

crazydaveh

I'd stay at either the Portifino or Royal Pacific if you want to stay on property. They both offer high speed internet (for a fee) and they have several wifi areas as well.

If you want to stay just off property, there are a few new hotels off Kirkman that seem to be ok. I don't know about internet though.

coasterphil

You could check some of the places on Universal Blvd down near the convention centers. There is a nice little grouping of places and it would only be a 5-7 minute drive to the parks.

kirst_al UK

If wanting to stay off property, on a budget would probably say fairfield inn, canada ave - absolute bargain. We walked to universal when we stayed here.......a nice fresh walk first think in a morning !!!

bayoutinkbelle

I don't know how much coin you want to drop, but Portofino is really nice. I stayed there for a few nights in October. It was expensive, but very nice. Friends have stayed at Royal Pacific and Hard Rock, and they told me both are nice too.

kcnole

If you can afford them I definitely recommend any of the three onsite hotels there. I've personally stayed at the Royal Pacific (which is the cheapest of the 3) and it was wonderful. Your room keys also double as express passes (of unlimited use) which is a great deal, plus the boats down to citywalk are a nice perk and a much more fun way to enter the park than parking in the garage and walking the long way in.

dandaman

^Just adding on: The unlimited-use Express passes saved me a minimum of 7 hours' wait per day during March Break, at least. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom