Hotel Room Capacity Questions

believeinmagic

Original Poster
The official Disney website says that the Standard Guest Rooms of the Contemporary can have a maximum of 5 guests... what is the sleeping arrangement in order to sleep 5 guests? 2 double beds and then where's the other spot for the 5th person?

Also, does anyone else know what other resorts offer standard rooms that have a maximum of more than 4 guests?

I know some of the Value Resorts have the family suites... is it only the All-Star Music?

Any help anyone can provide is appreciated! :D

The Mom

Premium Member
Deluxe resort standard double rooms have a daybed that will accommodate a child/short adult. Some resorts, such as WL and AKL, also have bunkbeds, but I can't remember if there is just one other bed in the room, or two. I think the ones we stayed in had only one regular bed. But their standard room should have some sort of daybed.

tigsmom

The WL bunk bed rooms have only a queens size in there, I believe all standard rooms there only hold 4 people. We have also stayed in the Contemporary, Polynesian and the Boardwalk Inn and they had a daybed for the 5th person. Thought my youngest (now 13) slept on them at night , I can say that an adult can use them comfortably. I'm 5'4" and I had no trouble at all using it for an afternoon nap.

mousebymarriage

Now I haven't stayed in the Contemporary since the 1990's but, if I remember correctly the 5th person slept on a day-bed(and it seemed quite comfortable).

surfsupdon

I have slept on the daybed at Yacht/ Beach/ BoardWalk comfortably. After talking with my cousins who stay at Poly and Contemp, the daybeds are all about the same size.

I am 6'4 and sleep on them fine.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
You've heard about the Deluxe resorts arrangements. The Family Suites for now are only it ASMusic. They sleep six, and the size of the room is basically two standard rooms, modified to include a kitchen and a sofabed on one side.

I believe there are some rooms at POR that sleep five, with the fifth in a trundle bed. I believe, though, that's it for Disney-run hotels accomodating more than 4 in a standard room, unless the fifth is a baby who can sleep in a port-a-crib.

Expanding just a bit, the Doubletree Suites on Hotel Village Blvd near DTD can accomodate 6. It's on property (technically), but not Disney run, and you don't get the on-property benefits.

GenerationX

Every place we've stayed in WDW accommodates 5 in one room. In the Contemporary, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Polynesian, the fifth person sleeps in the daybed. At Port Orleans Riverside, the Alligator Bayou section has rooms with trundle beds for the fifth person. Unlike the daybeds, the trundle beds are rather small (people under 5' only).

Pioneer Hall

All the deluxe resorts EXCEPT Wilderness Lodge and AKL can accomodate a 5th person on a daybed as others have said. The daybed is really just like having an extra twin bed in the room and is very comfortable. You just tell the housekeeper that someone is going to be using it and they will make it up for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom