Hotel pricing...

KBLovedDisney

Disney,
Schitts Creek Wtf GIF by CBC

Out of sheer curiosity, and even though we are most likely NOT going back to Disney anytime soon due to Covid, I checked out what an impromptu 3-day/2-night trip would be like.

Just looking at the hotel costs alone...what the heck happened?? They went up so high!! Pop Century is now at a standard of $213...what?

Is this really just Disney pushing sells because of loss due to Covid or am I missing something completely?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
What dates?
The week before or after Easter?
If so that's extremely normal.
The week before that? I saw rack rate at $213 but actual price you'd pay with the room discount... $170.
We have known major price hikes were coming for POP since the refurb and Skyliner.
We also know that Disney's prices have just gone up quite a lot in the last few years in general.
It should not be all that shocking.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Considering several resort are down and we're approaching Spring Break/Easter - that may be a reason that demand is up. Not being a Disney apologist (far from it). Just trying to make sense of the inflated prices. Which are by the way ridiculous.
That's why I NEVR HAVE stayed on property! I like to save money anywhere I can. At 54 I don't need to stay at a themed hotel for a week at a ridiculous price and only use it to sleep and shower...WASTE OF MONEY(for me)!!!! I can use the extra money to spend on souvenirs and food! Either way they are still getting my money, just in different ways!

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
The above price was for a 3 day WDW ticket and a POP standard room for April 5-7(or 8th?)

KB...let me know dates and I will check + other info
OP was not actually planning on going.
Yeah ^what Queen of the WDW Scene said. As much as I want to go, it just isn't happening now. I just went on the Disney site and did a pretty much 'wishful thinking' trip. :/ That was where my question in regards came in for the hotel pricing.

But I appreciate your willing to check on it.

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
What dates?
The week before or after Easter?
If so that's extremely normal.
The week before that? I saw rack rate at $213 but actual price you'd pay with the room discount... $170.
We have known major price hikes were coming for POP since the refurb and Skyliner.
We also know that Disney's prices have just gone up quite a lot in the last few years in general.
It should not be all that shocking.
It shouldn't be shocking with as many years as I have traveled to the parks...but it is still a shock to my brain sadly.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

I booked 9 nights @ Pop for second week in December and it was $2400. That is insane! Doesn't seem like it was that long ago when I was paying that for AKL Savanna view rooms.

Really hoping that some decent discounts are released for the weeks leading into Christmas..

Upvote 0

Shouldigo12

Yeah ^what Queen of the WDW Scene said. As much as I want to go, it just isn't happening now. I just went on the Disney site and did a pretty much 'wishful thinking' trip. :/ That was where my question in regards came in for the hotel pricing.

But I appreciate your willing to check on it.
I love planning those wishful thinking trips....I cry every time I see the price, but I love them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom