Hotel Hopping and Parking

Kman

Original Poster
I couldn't find any thing specific to this. If anyone can direct me I would appreciate it.

At any rate, at the end of November are going to Florida for a week away and we thought we would go to WDW to hang out for the day. How does the parking work now if you are just running around to different hotels? Do they let you park or do you need dinner reservations?

We're very familiar with the transit system but driving ourselves is just a lot simpler.

Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks everyone

VaderTron

I couldn't find any thing specific to this. If anyone can direct me I would appreciate it.

At any rate, at the end of November are going to Florida for a week away and we thought we would go to WDW to hang out for the day. How does the parking work now if you are just running around to different hotels? Do they let you park or do you need dinner reservations?

We're very familiar with the transit system but driving ourselves is just a lot simpler.

Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks everyone
They are much less friendly to such visitors parking at the hotels now that parking charges for overnight guests have been introduced. We were turned away from several hotels..We told the gate attendant we wanted to visit a Lounge for dinner. We were told we had to have an ADR to park. Otherwise, they told us we could park at Disney Springs and take a bus back. This happened to us at Polynesian, Wilderness, and Boardwalk.

We had a group of 10 of us and instead we went to Winter Park and had a nice dinner.

bUU

It depends on which hotel. Note that the hotels that VaderTron mentioned were all deluxe hotels. You'll have better luck at moderates and value resorts (though I won't be surprised if they start cracking down on that at CBR, now that the Skyliner is running).

Kman

Original Poster
This is what I expected. A few years ago we were passing through and we tried to park at Fort Wilderness. They have a HUGE parking lot that is mostly empty most of the time and we were turned back. They said because it was the weekend. It's really too bad- although we have stayed on the property a ton of times we have also made a habit of visiting WDW when we are on a beach vacation. Being able to park at the hotels and tool around was always an awesome feature. I also thought it was good economically for them as we almost always spent some money when we were there. I guess Wall Street and the investors don't value that. I think charging for overnight parking is ridiculous considering what you pay for the rooms and this is just petty. Even if they gave you a 2-hour ticket to prevent people from using the hotel parking to avoid paying to enter the parks. Pathetic but we will give it a try

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom