Hotel hold out

maelstrom98

We are doing a split stay in 11 (!!) days. For the second half of our trip we are staying at Port Orleans-Riverside. Rooms for our dates (Dec 1-3) were impossible to get at first, but by some miracle even though the website showed no availability two separate cast members were able to get us two rooms at Port Orleans. I then had a friend who was able to call and get herself a room at Port Orleans even though the website showed nothing.

Here's my problem. A cousin of mine decided to fly down to surprise everyone on those dates. When I checked availability, Port Orleans was available on the website again (this was last Sunday). It was an option all weekend, and then I made the rookie mistake of not jumping right on it and booking it. You know where this is going. Port Orleans is completely sold out (French Quarter included). The website is showing no availability, and hoping for another miracle I keep calling, but have had no luck. I have even had one cast member tell me whatever I see on the website is all they see. I have no idea how the logistics work, but I do know that when they booked the two PO rooms for me they were not available on the website.

So now to my question: how long have you ever held out before booking a room? At this point we are playing it fast and loose and it's giving me daily anxiety (we have a back-up plan so not a TON of anxiety), but I'm wondering if there is even a chance in the next 11 days I'll be able to score a room.

dreamfinder

Does it need to be at PO? And does any of the currently booked rooms have spots for an extra person?

Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf Astoria are both showing openings for those nights. Admittedly you won't get DME or a complimentary Magic Band, but they are much cheaper than the available rooms at some of the WDW deluxe resorts that were showing openings.

If they don't need DME, or at least don't mind doing Mears/Uber/Taxi from MCO to the resort, and one of the rooms is at less than occupancy you can add them to the reservation once they arrive at the front desk. Maintains the surprise, as long as there is someone with less than 4 people per room, who wouldn't mind sharing space with the cousin.

But with as much showing as sold out on property, you may be out of luck. I'd prep one of those options as a fall back (just keep in mind cancellation windows), and then just keep trying. Might get lucky, but probably not.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

So you currently have 3 rooms booked? Are you at max capacity in all 3 rooms? If not, you could just add your cousin to one of the existing reservations.

With your Thanksgiving coming up, I would think that room availability will be scarce as hens teeth.

Upvote 0

maelstrom98

Original Poster
We have three rooms booked. Two are already at capacity, and our back-up plan was to add him to the third room (he doesn't know the people in there but oh well!) but actually I was just able to get Riverside 12/1-12/2, and French Quarter from 12/2-12/3 and that's good enough for me! I'll keep checking to see if Riverside opens up for the full weekend

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom