Hotel help!

WDW_Emily

Hello all! We are planning a somewhat last minute trip to wdw from February 20th-26th. Silly me forgot this was princess weekend and almost all hotels are booked unless we spend over $300 a night. I was looking for thoughts on some of the Disney springs hotels. I have stayed at the B resort before and the rooms were not that great. As an fyi we are a couple in our late 20s, no kids, we will spend most of our time at the parks but love a nice pool night and a bar at the resort.

Right now we are thinking either the Double tree or Hilton in springs. Any thoughts from people who have stayed here would be greatly appreciated! Also if you have another suggestion please comment it below!

World_Showcase_Lover007

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista (not Hilton Palace) is rather nice, up-to-date and everything you would expect from a Hilton plus more. Stayed there around 2015. Very “non Disney” for being on Disney property and not a lot of kids at all. But it is rather pricey at normal times so I would expect to be more during an event. (Update edit: I see online it is currently going for $133 per night, which is crazy bc ive never seen it so cheap. It’s normally $250-300)

But it has a great pool and an ok run of the mill bar….the thing with hotels on Hotel Plaza blvd. is the shuttle service. It’s not Disney buses per se so shuttles are less frequent and shared by 5+ hotels meaning you have to go to each hotel to pick up or drop ppl off before getting to your hotel. But you can literally walk to Disney Springs so that is a plus.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

That week is also President's Day week, so a few million northerners (including my family) will have a school break and be descending on Orlando, so hotels are filling up fast and charging twice the normal rate. Definitely book something right away with free cancellation, so you have a backup -- and then research and see if you find something better.

I was going to recommend Swan/Dolphin, but I see they're already booked up for that week. :(

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
That week is also President's Day week, so a few million northerners (including my family) will have a school break and be descending on Orlando, so hotels are filling up fast and charging twice the normal rate. Definitely book something right away with free cancellation, so you have a backup -- and then research and see if you find something better.

I was going to recommend Swan/Dolphin, but I see they're already booked up for that week. :(
I'm a teacher in Massachusetts so that's exactly why I'm able to go down then too lol. We are going to book something tonight so we have it secured and then we will look around some more.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I booked my trip for February vacation many months ago - Looking at the current availability (at least on property) and I'm really surprised at how little there is - I guess that's probably why Disney is not offering any discounts. The resorts are sold out anyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Emily,
Have you ever thought about Disney's Good Neighbor Hotels? Since you are considering staying at a Disney Springs area hotel, why not do a little savings and stay at a Good Neighbor hotel nearby? The Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista (formerly The Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista) is a great option for a Good Neighbor hotel! I have stayed there, so let me sell you on this gem!
First, it is so close to Disney Springs, you could literally walk 10 minutes and be on property within 5! The hotel is a AAA 3-star class, has 2 pools, a splash zone (for kids), a 24 hour Deli, a Convenience Store, Game Room, Bar/Grille, and a full-service restaurant with full HOT breakfast buffet each morning. You would this this would be pricey, but it's not! You can get a QUEEN DOUBLE room WITH Buffet for around $80/night! Since you would not be in the room much, why spend $$$$ for a place you are only going to sleep and shower!?
PM me if you want the best site for the best price! (I don't like to share my secrets on here-LOL)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom