Hotel Buses...Good, Bad or Ugly?

hynostroza

Hello everyone!! Well I am currently planning my girlfriend, her nephew and my vacation next year. We decided to go next year on the second week of October, so I am trying to find out everything I can before we finally book our vacation. I am currently looking at the hotels (Coronado, Port Orleans -French Quarter and also the Riverside).

I had a couple of questions regarding Hotel Buses to each of the theme parks.

First, does each hotel have their own buses or does it start at another hotel and then pick up passengers from other hotels before going to the park and also does it do the same thing on the way back from the park?

Secondly does anyone know how long these bus rides take? I've heard people waiting as long as an hour or longer to be able to board to get back to their hotels.

Little back info, I am in California and live about 25 minutes away from Disneyland. So the time we get in our car and deal with traffic and get to the parking structure then through security checks then to walk to the gates (Disneyland trams were down) and then into the park it is roughly around 1hour and 30-45 minutes for the whole journey. And vice versa coming home, minus the security check. So we are ok dealing with delays. Just like to know what to expect with the buses.

I have been thinking also about using the hotel buses in the mornings and using either Uber or Lyft on the way back. Good? Bad?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

JIMINYCR

And I do realize there are many women who still like being treated with gracious behavior and are thankful when a male does something gallant. They are grateful for the gesture and have let me know how much its appreciated. I have also had some thank me and refuse the seat Ive offered, refusing pleasantly. But those who are rude when refusing makes me think a second time about offering to give up my seat on the next bus.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

The only issue i have with them are the guests. Maybe im old fashioned (in my 40s) but you will see teens, and adults sitting in all the chairs, while women, little kids, and the elderly have to stand due to capacity. I understand that someone might have a knee issue or something, but some of these people should be offering their seats. I am positive they are aware of that as you will see them looking away and not looking at the person who can barely stand. To me if your kid is over 6 they should offer their seat, and any able bodied male shouldnt be sitting unless the bus is empty. I dont blame disney for this, as this is completely manners Sorry soap box rant over.

And I do realize there are many women who still like being treated with gracious behavior and are thankful when a male does something gallant. They are grateful for the gesture and have let me know how much its appreciated. I have also had some thank me and refuse the seat Ive offered, refusing pleasantly. But those who are rude when refusing makes me think a second time about offering to give up my seat on the next bus.
Not to derail this thread, but bus rudeness makes me crazy.
My son learned his first "politeness" lessons on Disney buses. He was 4 or 5 years old and we taught him to offer any elderly person, a pregnant lady or yes even a woman who appears fine, his seat. It took a little while to get him to get it, but now he is 21 and I saw him offer his seat this trip several times.
But, my daughter and I both do the same. It is as much about common sense and politeness as gender.

I'm sorry @JIMINYCR you have had negative experiences with women on buses. I'm as feminist as it comes and am grateful when someone at least offers. I too, will probably decline but be so appreciative that you offered.
We all need to keep up the fight to be civil to one another.

(And last bus pet peeve, a parent who does not have small children sit on the parents lap and lets them take up seats). Arghhhh!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ppete1975

yeah I usually watch the door and do a mental count, if all the seats are taken up, with the amount of people coming on i usually just stand up. But my major gripe was that people will stay seated when they can tell someone is having trouble standing (not world showcase caused ;) ) I understand that not every person that looks young and healthy necessarily is or heck might have walked too much that day. But we have all seen the people that are either stuck in their phone or just could care less about others.

Upvote 0

ppete1975

Not to derail this thread, but bus rudeness makes me crazy.
My son learned his first "politeness" lessons on Disney buses. He was 4 or 5 years old and we taught him to offer any elderly person, a pregnant lady or yes even a woman who appears fine, his seat. It took a little while to get him to get it, but now he is 21 and I saw him offer his seat this trip several times.
But, my daughter and I both do the same. It is as much about common sense and politeness as gender.

I'm sorry @JIMINYCR you have had negative experiences with women on buses. I'm as feminist as it comes and am grateful when someone at least offers. I too, will probably decline but be so appreciative that you offered.
We all need to keep up the fight to be civil to one another.

(And last bus pet peeve, a parent who does not have small children sit on the parents lap and lets them take up seats). Arghhhh!
Thank you for putting it much more eloquently than I did :)
This is exactly what I am talking about. I was raised the same way, and am now 46 my dad in his mid 70s still gives up his seat.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

The buses at the moderates are rarely as busy as the value resorts' buses. POFQ and PORS have separate buses for park closing, which is a major plus.

Granted, this was summer 2016, but the one time we stayed at PORS, we shared buses with POFQ at park closing. It was a miserable experience. We were packed in like sardines. The buses to the parks were a breeze, but our park closing experience really made me never want to stay there again.

Upvote 0

crawale

Hello everyone!! Well I am currently planning my girlfriend, her nephew and my vacation next year. We decided to go next year on the second week of October, so I am trying to find out everything I can before we finally book our vacation. I am currently looking at the hotels (Coronado, Port Orleans -French Quarter and also the Riverside).

I had a couple of questions regarding Hotel Buses to each of the theme parks.

First, does each hotel have their own buses or does it start at another hotel and then pick up passengers from other hotels before going to the park and also does it do the same thing on the way back from the park?

Secondly does anyone know how long these bus rides take? I've heard people waiting as long as an hour or longer to be able to board to get back to their hotels.

Little back info, I am in California and live about 25 minutes away from Disneyland. So the time we get in our car and deal with traffic and get to the parking structure then through security checks then to walk to the gates (Disneyland trams were down) and then into the park it is roughly around 1hour and 30-45 minutes for the whole journey. And vice versa coming home, minus the security check. So we are ok dealing with delays. Just like to know what to expect with the buses.

I have been thinking also about using the hotel buses in the mornings and using either Uber or Lyft on the way back. Good? Bad?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
We went in June and because of the COVID restrictions that vastly limited the seating availability we had very long waits. Used to be the bus would load with as many as it could contain in busy times so more people could get to their destination. Early morning with only a few people being able to board was frustrating unless you got to the stop a long time before the first bus to be able to ride.

Upvote 0

Vegas Disney Fan

We love the buses, they are part of the charm of staying in the bubble for us.

French Quarter is our preferred resort and on average you’ll wait 10 minutes for a bus, sometimes you get lucky and one’s waiting, other times you just miss it and have to wait 20-25 minutes but it’s never a ridiculous wait.

Ubers faster but we find you miss out on some of the “experience” of Disney if you skip the provided transportation.

Upvote 0

Sbk1234

I've honestly never had a real problem with the Disney busses. I just make sure I give enough travel time. I like to be at the parks extra early, so I've rarely had trouble even getting on, and when I have, another bus has always come shortly.
As for Uber, the last trip we had, we had to stay off site, so we used Uber. But as a cost saving technique, we only Ubered to the closest Disney hotel which was the Animal Kingdom, then used Disney transportation from there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom