Hot temps options for next year

ebjjst

My sister and I had a wonderful trip to WDW last month, and have already paid for another one for the same time next year. The main drawback we had was the hot temps and high humidity that occurs in late September. By alternating between outdoor activities and indoor attractions/stores, we were able to stay inside each park until 2PM, but then retreated to our resort room until 6 or 7PM. We were comfortable, but felt bad about losing four hours of our vacation time each day. How can we do this differently next year? What options are available for those HOT, HUMID afternoons? I should point out that we won't have a lot of extra spending money. Spa treatments, for example, are out of the question. (We will be staying at the Port Orleans-French Quarter.) Thank you for any suggestions. :wave::wave:

zurgandfriend

We’ll all tell you, Disney will tell you and Samantha Brown from the travel Channel will tell you that you did it just right. In the afternoon you “hit a wall.” Go back to your resort and relax, possibly swim in the pool, POFQ has a great pool then clean up go to dinner and then go back out for more fun and fireworks refreshed. If you want to keep active in the afternoon Disney Quest might be an option. A trip to one of the water parks will also make the hottest days a joy.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
One of the best things I have found to deal with that 2:00 wall during the hotter months is to to a late TS lunch. An hour or so sitting down in the AC with cold drinks can do wonders. Other than that you just have to hit the AC whenever you can. Walk through shops vs. the sidewalk when possible, do outdoor shows either very early or later in the day, etc. The other thing you will want to do is hydrate properly and avoid caffeine and energy drinks.

Upvote 0

Mukta

You did what I usually do. I hit the park at opening, take a break from 2-5 and come back to the parks.
If there is a day you don't want to go back to the room, you can eat in an air conditioned place. (this is why I always eat at Pizzafari on my AK day). You can enjoy a long attraction like Universe of Energy. You can take the monorail to the monorail resorts and look at the shops and decor there.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

When its hot and humid we head back to the room for chill break and nap, between getting up early, and staying up for late closings its the way to survive without melting down later in the week. One thing that we have done is take a boat ride over to Wilderness Lodge and hang out for a while. The boat ride is relaxing, and so is Wilderness Lodge, this works best when visiting the Magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Sarabell

That sounds just great! going back to the hotel, swimming, going to dinner, but what about when you're not staying in a WDW resort? going all the way back to an off site hotel doesn't sound so appealing. Any suggestions in that case?

Upvote 0

sueuk

That sounds just great! going back to the hotel, swimming, going to dinner, but what about when you're not staying in a WDW resort? going all the way back to an off site hotel doesn't sound so appealing. Any suggestions in that case?

You can still visit the resorts and use the restaurants, shops and 'people watch' in the lobbies with a cool drink, or go to a resort and take a Disney bus to a water park or DTD for a few hours. As someone else said this works best if you're at MK for the day, as there are 3 monorail resorts nearby.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom