Hot spots outside of Disney?

curious

Original Poster
Im coming to wdw in dec. What are some GOOD spots outside of wdw in orlando and surrounding areas?

djmatthews

I may get shot for this but Universal Orlando- especially Island of Adventure - that's a great park. Sea World - I'm not an animal lover - but it makes a great day out, and is also a very relaxing park as there are many shows to sit and watch.

At night mini-golf is a favorite of my family or Old Town on the 192. The Florida Mall if you like to shop too.

*Runs and hides now*

BRER STITCH

Church Street Station is a fun evening away from Lake Buena Vista. It's in downtown Orlando. Lots of bars and eateries with continuous live entertatinment everywhere!

Depending on how far out of Orlando you meant, other great thigs to do while in Florida include going to the Tampa area and Busch Gardens, heading east to the JFK Space Center, or traveling to St. Augustine for a tour.

There's always the beaches, as well as deep sea fishing charters on the ocean.

Lots of fun stuff to do outside "the World"!

HAVE FUN!

:sohappy:

Pippa

One of my favs is Titanic-Ship Of Dreams on I-Drive. It is very interesting in an entertaining way and respectful to the people who were lost. They have a room that is designed to be the deck of the ship and it is the temperature it was on the night it sank, that really freaked me out! Your admission ticket has a name of an actual passenger on it and at the end you look it up on a memorial wall to see if your person died or survived.BTW I was a second class woman who survived!

Enjoy!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO,hands down should be your first choice.

On the other hand,at night many flock to Old Town,which also is a favourite of mine in Kissimmee. The Congo River Mini-Golf and the Pirates Mini-Golf are also enjoyable. International Drive is full of stuff to do,especially the Magical Midway,which houses a space shot free-fall ride,a couple of go-kart tracks,an arcade,laser tag,and small carnival rides.

Shopping spots include I-Drive,The Florida Mall,and The Mall at Millenia.

WDWPrnces02

Well if your thinking as orlando nightlife.......in downtown orlando there is.......Cowboys (country bar) on tuesdays before 11 i think their as drink specials........then Taboo tuesdays $10 drink all night......

The malls are excellent to shop in or just to walk around in

International drive....the titanic adventure, skull kingdom, wetnwild.

Dont forget Jellyrolls.......its hopin on tuesday nights

hope this helps.......have fun:sohappy:

Figment1986

I say Busch Gardens Tampa is a good bet for some good thrills, or Universal. I hear Down town Orlando has some fun too, I know Yebor, (SP?), which is in Tampa Has A Great night Life...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom