Hot air balloon rides OVER Magic Kingdom?

Kevin Page

Original Poster
Does anyone know what companies offer the ballon rides?

I have a friend who works at Disney that did it years ago and said it was an incredible experience.

It was an outside company, NOT Disney though.

Thanks for the help :)

Kevin Page

Tigggrl

Fantasy of Flight

The sign at Fantasy of Flight now says it offers Hot-air Balloon rides as well....:xmasmile:

NowInc

I'm very suprised they let that happen...Disney is Restricted air Space...O well...

Speaking of hot air balloons...was anyone else there when the awesome 2000 celebration balloon was over epcot?

James123

Account Suspended
The FAA Needs More Power

Originally posted by NowInc
I'm very suprised they let that happen...Disney is Restricted air Space...O well...

Speaking of hot air balloons...was anyone else there when the awesome 2000 celebration balloon was over epcot?

If WDW is restricted airspace then the FAA better get off their butt and enforce it! Everytime I go there small planes are buzzing the MK on a regular basis. I agree that it SHOULD be restricted airspace because I don't want to hear the whine of an airplane engine or look up in the sky and see some hot air balloon spoiling my visita. Alas, the MK is not as magic as it could be.

NowInc

Re: The FAA Needs More Power

Originally posted by James

If WDW is restricted airspace then the FAA better get off their butt and enforce it! Everytime I go there small planes are buzzing the MK on a regular basis. I agree that it SHOULD be restricted airspace because I don't want to hear the whine of an airplane engine or look up in the sky and see some hot air balloon spoiling my visita. Alas, the MK is not as magic as it could be.

The small planes are acutally most likley buzzing NEAR disney..not over. That I am positive of.

Jeff Thompson

Disneys Airspace

Here is the regulation for airspace around Disney

There is a TFR (Temporary Flight Ristriction) The restriction is a three mile ring and the ring extends up to three thousand feet above the ground. There is a proposed restriction of a two thousand ft dome over the animal kingdom.

That is like putting a coffee can on the head of your bed and a salid bowl on the foot of your bed. You can still use the bed. It is real easy to avoid the spots and not break the rules.

http://www.thompsonaire.com

Jeff

Jeff Thompson

I am he and he is I

LOL. Yes I am the Jeff Thompson. I have the credentials to back up what I have said. I offer flights in the disney area. I had my pilots license before I had my drivers license. Solo'd at 15. Pilot rating at 16 and purchased my first balloon at 17. I am now celebrating my 31st year of flying hot air balloons.

If you have any questions about how they work please let me know. I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have. I am a certified instructor for the FAA and I am the LTA FAA counsler for the central florida area.

Thanks

Jeff

no2apprentice

While I can certainly appreciate Mr. Thompson's endeavors to get his new business off the ground, Forum Rules say that you agree not to "Advertise any products, services or websites without prior permission."

Unless you have prior permission from a moderator, or become a sponser of the site, don't be surprised if you are banned or at least the threads removed.

Good luck with your new business.

no2apprentice said:
While I can certainly appreciate Mr. Thompson's endeavors to get his new business off the ground, Forum Rules say that you agree not to "Advertise any products, services or websites without prior permission."

Unless you have prior permission from a moderator, or become a sponser of the site, don't be surprised if you are banned or at least the threads removed.

Good luck with your new business.

I dont see anything wrong with what he did. Dont know why you had to blast him so fast:fork: The op asked if there was hot air ballons company's around the area and he simply put his weblink saying yes there was. Not like he made his own Topic posting his business....

no2apprentice

mikedvcmember said:
I dont see anything wrong with what he did. Dont know why you had to blast him so fast:fork: The op asked if there was hot air ballons company's around the area and he simply put his weblink saying yes there was. Not like he made his own Topic posting his business....
I didn't blast him, just reminded him of the Forum Rules. He had started a thread in Chit Chat specifically to let people know about his new business and to ask for potential employees, which has already been removed by one of the moderators after I had made the above post.

Jeff Thompson

Steppin on toes?

Look Gang.I am not trying to step on anyones toes nor am I trying to break any rules. This is a very large site and I had not found the regulations everyone is telling me I have broken.As for the Employee thing. Please dont call it that! That is a distortion of what I said. I do not have any openings for employees. What I said was that I have cast members that have for years now come out in the mornings and are part of my ground crew. They help me put the balloon up and then drive the van down to the launch site and help me pack it away. What I was simply asking was, Since these cast members have also become my friends and I have recently stopped flying for the other company I felt it would be real awkward for them to crew for me as well as the other balloon team. I was asking if someone would be interested in learning how to chase balloons and become part of the ground team. The way you made it sound was like I was hireing people. That is not the case.I am sorry I have disturbed things so much around here. Not my intent at all. I have lived right behind the animal kingdom for over 8 years now. I have lived in Florida for over 20. I am a local. Please do not treat me like some sort of scab.Jeff Thompson

no2apprentice said:
I didn't blast him, just reminded him of the Forum Rules. He had started a thread in Chit Chat specifically to let people know about his new business and to ask for potential employees, which has already been removed by one of the moderators after I had made the above post.

I will have to say that I am sorry for getting on you so fast. One thing I just noticed when I just re-read this forum is that he dug this out of the archives the date on the first post was back in 2001 so I am sorry for jumping on you so fast. I also didnt know that he made a forum on another topic about this same thing. I am sure if he wanted to contact steve he would be more then happy to help him setup ad somewhere on here. So please forgive me as I am wrong

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom