Horseback riding at Fort Wilderness?

krueg66

Anyone ever gone horseback riding at Fort Wilderness before? Can you you fill me in on how it went? How long? How much? Etc.?

Thanks!:)

sbkline

My wife and I did a horseback ride there last year. It was around 80 bucks, so I guess about 40 bucks per person. It was about a half hour to 45 minutes, if I remember correctly. It's just a gentle, slow ride, so no horseback riding experience is necessary. The path took us through the woods, and we got to see a little glimpse of the cabins.

Upvote 0

dazzer68

if youve never been on a horse probably the best thing ever, if you have its the most boring horse ride ive ever been on.its a figure 8 through the woods, the horses are tied to each other so dependong on how tall you are is where you get the horse, im tall ,my partner isnt, so i was at the front and they were right at the back, so we couldnt share the experince together.it was just a plod around the woods on some ponys that looked as bored as we were.couldnt wait for it to finish.boring boring boring.
i understand its disney, and they must do stuff for all the family, but i dont think kids would even had enjoyed it.
unfortunatley i think they are so over cautious of being sued if any one gets hurt, its taken the thrill out of it, more fun on the carousel in fantasy land.
rant over, so make up your own mind!

Upvote 0

lilybee

It was fun to start with, but it got really boring, very long. The horses follow a route all the way round and thats it. It's not good to go when the suns at its best either, got a little too hot and you dont stop at any time.

The only funny part was then my boyfriend, on the horse behind shot past me screaming. The horse was spooked by something in the bush and it lost control and went to run off. Ok he didnt find it funny at the time but after he was laughing.

Upvote 0

Kristia

if youve never been on a horse probably the best thing ever, if you have its the most boring horse ride ive ever been on.its a figure 8 through the woods, the horses are tied to each other so dependong on how tall you are is where you get the horse, im tall ,my partner isnt, so i was at the front and they were right at the back, so we couldnt share the experince together.it was just a plod around the woods on some ponys that looked as bored as we were.couldnt wait for it to finish.boring boring boring.
i understand its disney, and they must do stuff for all the family, but i dont think kids would even had enjoyed it.
unfortunatley i think they are so over cautious of being sued if any one gets hurt, its taken the thrill out of it, more fun on the carousel in fantasy land.
rant over, so make up your own mind!

I agree. We took the ride back in 1995 for our honeymoon. I have a horse and thought it would be great to go trailriding at Disney. It is great if you don't have any experience but if you do, it is very slow and a little boring. I thought the scenery would be a little nicer. The horses are used to lining up in a certain order. You are assigned a horse based on your size which may not line up near the horse your partner is assigned. My DH was on horse who lined up a the front and mine was at the back. Made for a boring ride with no one to talk to.

Upvote 0

krueg66

Original Poster
Thanks for the info guys...I'm not experienced per se but I have been on horses several times in my life. (my parents got horses my senior year in high school just before I moved away for college) It does sound a little boring from your descriptions...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom