Horrible smell outside Norway in Epcot? (now with 200% more pictures)

Josh.h

Original Poster
Has anyone else noticed there is an absolutely horrid smell outside of the Gods of Vikings building in Norway, right along the main World Showcase path in front of the building.

My wife and I noticed it a year ago or so, and again this week our first time back. The bathrooms in Norway are nearby, but a decent distance back from the path, so we don’t think it’s the source. She’s convinced it’s some type of plant growing there, but I’m not sold on that.

Any ideas what the funky smell is? A friend of ours described it as reminiscent of the odor of 3 year olds feet after running around at daycare all day - I wouldn’t disagree.

** Note - the trashcan was not present during the stink observation yesterday

Last edited:

Janir

I did not notice when I was there last month and I spend some time at the Gods of Vikings. Maybe its occasional?

Disstevefan1

Just a guess-

I don’t think it’s actual sewage, I think it’s a smell of the storm drains when (maybe) there is no water flowing and the various organic material is exposed in pipes and the stink is smelled from the storm drain vents.

I have smelled the same smell out side of mouse gear sometimes.

dreamfinder912

I've noticed a wet, gross, swampy foot smell there too. But I've also smelled it if like the temperature and wind and season and moon phase is right on the pathway from the Contemporary to MK. I always assumed it was some really pungent shrub and i just happened to catch it at the exact wrong time in it's growing/flowering cycle. Because it doesn't have that "low tide" swamp smell from the path that runs under the bridge from epcot to the epcot resorts, nor the literal human waste smell from poorly ventilated bathrooms....I'll just keep blaming the shrubbery until the culprit is found.

Minthorne

I've noticed a wet, gross, swampy foot smell there too. But I've also smelled it if like the temperature and wind and season and moon phase is right on the pathway from the Contemporary to MK. I always assumed it was some really pungent shrub and i just happened to catch it at the exact wrong time in it's growing/flowering cycle. Because it doesn't have that "low tide" swamp smell from the path that runs under the bridge from epcot to the epcot resorts, nor the literal human waste smell from poorly ventilated bathrooms....I'll just keep blaming the shrubbery until the culprit is found.

From Contemporary to MK there is the foul smelling BOXWOOD (BUXUS SEMPERVIRENS)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom