Horizons

beibei1983

Original Poster
Does anyone know what they did with the audio-animatronics that were in Horizons? Are there any that have been reused?

Also does anyone have pictures of Horizons without the outside signs and also pictures of the queue?

Thanks

BigThunderMatt

A lot of things get tagged and archived by Imagineering. Even stuff that's still standing but not operating like Cranium Command and ImageWorks have items marked to be archived. Sometimes things may eventually get auctioned off (IIRC didn't they auction off a Horizons ride vehicle? Maybe I'm thinking of something else). I don't know of any specific examples of things from Horizons being reused in other attractions, unless you count the orange scent from the original version of Soarin' being a sort of homage but maybe some other members on here can shed some light.

Thelazer

I know that the Narrator's lamp is in the hands of a private collector (side note, if said collector ever wishes to sell it, PM me) and a few other items from the desert scene made it onto E-bay and were sold. One of the robot underwater things, recently was on Ebay. As far as audio animatronics, I believe mostly stripped for parts. A ride omnimover did get sold, a bunch went to a trash dump on a flatbed and some flim clips from the choose your ending have been floating around. At one ponit, some of the "neon city" stuff could be located at the studio's, now that the backstage tour is gone, I don't know what happened to that stuff. As for whats in the archives, I don't know but I'd guess a well known poster on here does know. I think I heard that a mural was saved.

Mickeynerd17

I've heard that "The Prologue and the Promise" mural was saved and sits in an imagineering office, but I can't fully confirm that. There is a mold for the hovercraft from the desert scene that sits in the Backlot Express Restauraunt on top of a shelf.

Attachments

• IMG_20181130_163638107.jpg
    IMG_20181130_163638107.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 89

Dragonman

Hoot has stated that The Prologue and the Promise was stored behind the Haunted Mansion fireplace wall at one point. A lot of the animatronics ended up under Carousel Of Progress for parts (hide your eyes):
77DA8A2C-6649-4C3A-BB8B-9BE143E716B9.jpeg

More here: http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2010/1/9/abandoned-disney-series.html
Some props were auctioned off while others were utilized elsewhere, such as the DLP backlot tour:
37400058-A471-43B7-A80E-330D1A1857C6.png

The robot butler was on display at The Walt Disney Story for a while:
690A20F8-19F4-484E-8276-A91510C2D3FB.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom