Hopping for one day

ChefMickeyGrits

Hi!

Question for all of you...

My friend and I are going to WDW in October and my parents were awesome enough to give me their leftover parkhoppers that they never used for my trip (they are now annual passholders so they had no use for them!). Only problem is, I would like to go for 4 full days and they only had 3 days worth to give me.

My question is - do any of you know of a way to get a 1-day park hopper? I was thinking of just paying admission at the gate for whatever park we do on day 1, but I like to hop around and want the freedom to go all over the place. I was thinking about ebay but since there is no indication on the ticket of how many days are used I have a hard time trusting it.

Any wisdom is appreciated!

TheDisneyGirl02

Originally posted by ChefMickeyGrits
Hi!

Question for all of you...

My friend and I are going to WDW in October and my parents were awesome enough to give me their leftover parkhoppers that they never used for my trip (they are now annual passholders so they had no use for them!). Only problem is, I would like to go for 4 full days and they only had 3 days worth to give me.

My question is - do any of you know of a way to get a 1-day park hopper? I was thinking of just paying admission at the gate for whatever park we do on day 1, but I like to hop around and want the freedom to go all over the place. I was thinking about ebay but since there is no indication on the ticket of how many days are used I have a hard time trusting it.

Any wisdom is appreciated!

One day hopper passes are not available. The other choice you have maybe to use the one day pass on a day that you want to stay in one park all day. Just an idea! Good luck!

TheDisneyGirl02

Upvote 0

Katherine

You could always buy another park hopper for more days (maybe 3 days) and save the left over days for another tirp or go ahead and buy one for your stay and continue to save your existing ones because I'm pretty sure they don't expire.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

I always end up with a couple extra days of park hopper tickets - but since I know I'm definitely coming back EVENTUALLY, it doesn't really bother me (since as was mentioned before, they never expire.) Plus, it gives me even more reason to bug people to go to WDW with me! :D Haha!

Hope your trip goes well!

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
My suggestions (and they're only that):

Buy a One-Day, One-Park ticket and just pick one that you can spend an entire day in (MK or EPCOT). Then use the 3 Park-Hopper Days after that.

They do not sell 1-day Park Hoppers (they're only available to cast members or for special things, and they expire)

DO NOT buy ticket from an unreliable source, like EBay, EVER! You're correct, there is no way to find out how many days really are on the ticket untill you arrive at WDW. Just too risky. Plus, it's technically illegal to sell or buy tickets from other people - they say right on them that they're Non-Transferable.

Anyway, have a great time and just use the 1-day ticket first and spend the last 3 days hopping like mad! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

FYI, they do have 1 day park hoppers, they just don't sell them!

If you wait it out, and you are a Florida resident, Disney may start up their semi annual play 4 days offer where you can buy 4 days for $109. That's probably the cheapest you can get, but only if they're offering it at that time!

If not, just spend the entire day at one of the parks! Or go resort hopping! It's fun and we like to get a drink at each hotel bar, it's pretty interesting after a few stops!

Have fun!

Upvote 0

speck76

If you are with a convention, and stay at one of the local off-property convention hotels, you can purchase a 1 day park-hopper that is also good for PI and DisneyQuest. The problem is, you have to provide proof you are with a convention...the passes are also a little more expensive than just a 1 day ticket.

Upvote 0

figmentfan

I would suggest you get the One day-One Park pass and use it at Epcot. You can see many things at Epcot. Or, you can also buy a 3-Day Hopper Pass and use the leftover days.

Also, if you are from Florida, my suggestion is to get a Annual or a Seasonal Pass. The Annual cost about $299, but it is worth it. Or get a Seasonal Pass, it is about $199, and you can hop from park to park anytime. The only catch with a Seasonal Pass, you can't use the pass during the week of Christmas, week of Easter, and summer months (June to August). I have a Annual Pass and I LOVE it!!!!! It makes me feel like I own the place!

If you ask Disney, they might upgrade your hopper passes to a annual pass (at a cheaper rate.) You might want to try that if you are interested in getting an annual or seasonal pass.

If you are not from Florida, I would suggest using a One Day-One Park Pass.

Upvote 0

goofyguy

You also may want to try visiting Guest Relations. They might let you pay for one day and exchange your unused days to get a 4-day Park Hopper. Now, please keep in mind that I have absolutely no affiliation with Disney, so I don't know whether or not this is something they will do, but it can't hurt to ask.

Just remember, the people in Guest Relations deal with irate guests on a regular basis, so be polite and they may be more willing to work something out for you.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Upvote 0

ChefMickeyGrits

Original Poster
Oh WOW thanks! Problem is I'm sorta planning the arrival/departure dates of my trip around it - do you think if I call wdw ticket reservations they will confirm whether or not they can do it?

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Is it necessary that you hop on all 4 days, or is there a day you could just stay put at one of the parks?

I wanted to hop for 5 days, but did the math and realized if I hopped for 4 days and then bought waterpark passes for the 5th day I would save tons.

So instead of paying megabucks for the 5 day hopper, I bought a 4 day hopper and a waterpark pass. And since the waterparks only take half a day I got us reservations for the hoop-dee-doo as a night activity.

Why don't you write out a specific itinerary and figure out how long you want to be at each park and on what days, and you'll probably find that there is a day where you'll do no hopping at all

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by ChefMickeyGrits
Oh WOW thanks! Problem is I'm sorta planning the arrival/departure dates of my trip around it - do you think if I call wdw ticket reservations they will confirm whether or not they can do it?

Call Guest services and they should bea ble to help you. I wouldn't mention that they were someone else's though.

Pam

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by Laura22
Is it necessary that you hop on all 4 days, or is there a day you could just stay put at one of the parks?

You can do as you wish with the passes. Stay in 1 park all day or go to all 4.

I wanted to hop for 5 days, but did the math and realized if I hopped for 4 days and then bought waterpark passes for the 5th day I would save tons.

You can always purchase a 4 day hopper plus pass which will cover everything. I do sell them at a discount.

So instead of paying megabucks for the 5 day hopper, I bought a 4 day hopper and a waterpark pass. And since the waterparks only take half a day I got us reservations for the hoop-dee-doo as a night activity.

Why don't you write out a specific itinerary and figure out how long you want to be at each park and on what days, and you'll probably find that there is a day where you'll do no hopping at all

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom