Pre-Trip Hoping everything works out!

Hello everyone! After booking and cancelling then booking again then cancelling then booking and today changing our dates by a day, by gosh I think we have a trip on our hands! Let me start from the beginning...

Back in May of 2014 I (Emily) graduated college with a degree in Elementary Education :happy:. I had one thing I had always waited to do before I started my career as a teacher and that was to work for the mouse in WDW! In 2012 I started worked at my local Disney Store and absolutely loved it so I decided to apply for a college program. I was accepted to the college program for Fall 2014 in my dream role of recreation at the Yacht and Beach Club! I was on cloud nine until my first day of work where I learned I wasn't going to be children's activities but I would be working gates:banghead:. For anyone who has stayed at yacht and beach, I was the person who scanned your magic band for access to the pool. Not the best job but at least I was working in Disney? Well around October I decided I wanted to have a different experience working at Disney. Maybe in the parks? Working with children? So I applied for a Professional Internship at Animal Kingdom. I ended up being 1 of 2 people accepted for the role! Animal Kingdom has always been my favorite park and now I get to go to the park everyday! If you participated in Backstage Tales or Backstage Safari from January 2015-June 2015 I was probably there with you! I also got to lead the YES programs around Animal Kingdom. Dream Job? I would say so!

But eventually it was my time to leave. I had to move back to Massachusetts, and start paying back my student loans. I was lucky enough to get a job working as a fifth grade teacher! This new job has been extremely stressful as I'm sure any new job can be. Even though the job is challenging, I truly do love it. But I miss working for Disney. (Seriously why can't I do both?)

Thus Started the planning to Return to the World! The plan was originally going to be to go to Disneyland for the 60th during February Break. However, Flights were too expensive during this time so cancel that plan. Then the plan was to go during April break, which would be two weeks from today! Got the flights! Was about to book the room! and then plans fell through :cry:

Then a magical thing happened! I started playing around with dates at the end of June, when school gets out. Flights were under $200 a person! Score! This might work! Then we checked hotels and again prices were not too bad! We secured the flights and it looks like we will be returning to the world! We will be arriving one day later than planned (silly snow day today changed our last day of school) but YAY DISNEY!

This trip is on a super budget. Here is the run down.

DATES: June 20th-June 26th
WHERE: Pop Century (3 Adults and a teen in a room :eek: we'll make it work!)
WHO: Myself (Emily) 24, the sisters (Sam and Haley) 16 & 19, and Mom

The Game Plan
For the First time ever, we are not doing every park :jawdrop:. I know, I know but hear us out. Magic Kingdom is a must just because it's Magic Kingdom. Seeing as I working at DAK and with the new night time attractions this is also a must. We are down to DHS and EPCOT. Now EPCOT is on the cusp of becoming a half day with MK. As much as I love EPCOT, it is in need of some TLC. DHS we are skipping this time. There is too much construction going on right now to justify the money. But it will be on the top of our list on our next trip.
We are also planning a day at Universal! I went to Universal for the first time last year and fell in love! Both the sisters love thrill rides and after my high reviews, we decided to go!

We are still mapping everything out as of now but this is what we have! I will update as we get more details.

Question for all you lovely people! We love to do one or two sit down meals per trip. What would be your top 2 restaurants (one character one without characters)? We would love to try some new places! The only request is that it is not a strictly seafood places as two of us in the party cannot do seafood.
Here are the places we have been:

Magic Kingdom:
-Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
-Be Our Guest (Lunch and Dinner)
Epcot:
-Akershus (Breakfast and Dinner)
-Biergarden (Dinner)
-Le Cellier (Dinner)
-Chefs De France (Dinner)
-Teppan Edo (Dinner)
- Via Napoli (Dinner)
Animal Kingdom:
-Tusker House (Breakfast)
Disney Springs:
- T-Rex (Dinner)
-Planet Hollywood (Dinner)
- Rain Forest Cafe (Dinner)
- Paradiso 37 (Dinner)
- Wolfgang Puck (Dinner)
Resorts:
-1900 Park Fare (Dinner)
-Ohanas (Breakfast)
-Beaches and Cream (Lunch/ Kitchen Sink)
-Olivia's

Last edited:

bee

Crossing my fingers that your new dates work out! I can't really speak for character meals but my personal favorites from your list are Be Our Guest, Biergarten, and Via Napoli. Are you thinking Be Our Guest for lunch or dinner? I have done both and personally preferred lunch but plenty of people like dinner better.

AmberFaith90

What an exciting dream job you had!

I loved breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We got to meet Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger.

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
What an exciting dream job you had!

I loved breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We got to meet Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger.

This is definitely a possibility! I am the only one who had been to 1900 Park Fare before so it would be new for everyone else. My sister adores Winnie the Pooh and my mom like Mary Poppins so the characters would be perfect for us!

sjv

I hope your new dates work out. Your post made me laugh, my daughter's name's are Sam ,Emilie and Haylie .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom