Hoopty Do Review for Two

Disney Shib

Original Poster
Hi friends! Of all my times in Disney I have never had the pleasure of attending Hoopty Do Review. This upcoming trip in October my best friend and I decided to give it a try. Are we going to regret it considering there is only two of us? Everything I am reading makes it seem like it's more of a family thing. We were going to do Spirit of Aloha instead but Hoopty got much better ratings food wise. It's all you can drink beer and sangria too right? Here I go... second guessing myself again.

pmaljr

The Luau sucks now. We (me and my wife) went a year ago. I had gone in the early 90's and it was great, a highlight of the trip with my whole family. The show I remember had real interaction with the people attending and was all about the dancing. Now, it has basically turned into a Disney Channel "teen" show mixed with fire dancers in the middle. Food was just so-so also. I was embarrassed that Disney sunk to that new low. I will never go back until I hear it's been changed. Easily the biggest waste of my money ever at Disney. Should have ordered pizza to the room and watched the DTV channel instead if I could do it again.

We went to HDD on that same trip in the 90's. We want to try that now too but I'm scared after the Luau. It was that bad. Trust me, unless you like that garbage, canned laughter on DTV, stay away like the plague.

ABQ

You will absolutely be pleased with your choice. The Hoop Dee Doo was the most surprising of any event I've attended at WDW after finally seeing it back in 2005, I've been back 3 times since and never been disappointed. It had never been anything I thought I'd remotely care to see, I was dragged along one time and was so happy afterwards. The Luau, as others have said, was meh. It's nice, some talented dancers, but yes, too Disney Channel fluffed.

tmm7899

What night are you doing the HDD? I will be there with my mom and sister on 10/29. Never been to it before and really looking forward to it!!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Hoop-Dee-Do Review for two is wonderful! Its something that my wife and I love to do every trip. unlike the Luau at HDD you'll get an individual table... not tossed onto a shared picnic bench with others. Its all you can eat and drink.

The luau as others have mentioned is a pale shade of what it once was... its currently loosely tied to a story of a family member leaving... saccharine sweet, very cloying. The Luau Cove facility in its defense is much improved than when I first went in the 70's... theres at least overhead cover and fans now but its still exposed to the elements for ambient temperatures.

epcot2004

We went in 1995 with just 2. Had a good time but we are also those who ask to sit in the quiet section of Whispering Canyon and have never been to 50's Prime Time. We just want good food, service and atmosphere without 'participating' in the show. Was much better than the Luau which we did a few years later.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
HDD all the way!!! It is always just me and DH and we love it! Going back this coming trip. Also the food is delicious especially the Strawberry Shortcake!!
My brothers fam did not enjoy the Luau, and they much prefer HDD! Also if weather is bad or really cold they will cancel shows for the Luau, and if they still have it and it's a bit chilly you might be sitting there very uncomfortable the whole time. I rather be inside just to be on the safe side. :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
What night are you doing the HDD? I will be there with my mom and sister on 10/29. Never been to it before and really looking forward to it!!
I'll be there on 10/30. Our reservation is at 8:30 p M We were so close to being there the same night! lol :)

Disney Shib

Original Poster

We are going 10/23... the night we get there. I am so excited. It seems like everyone's experiences are so positive. Looks like we are a very similiar schedule lol!

Disney Shib

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments everyone. We are all set for the 8:30pm show on 10/23! That fried chicken looks amazing lol. And @sxeensweet the sounds of that strawberry shortcake is making my mouth water!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The fried chicken has always been wonderful every time we've attended a performance. Crispy on the outside, moist on the inside. MMMMM! I guess I can post some pics on my trip report and maybe on this thread next Monday night. We're scheduled for the 4pm show.

Disney Shib

Original Poster
The fried chicken has always been wonderful every time we've attended a performance. Crispy on the outside, moist on the inside. MMMMM! I guess I can post some pics on my trip report and maybe on this thread next Monday night. We're scheduled for the 4pm show.

Please do! I look forward to reading your trip report! These next 28 days are dragging.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom