Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue-Picky 4 year old

Hockey89

Original Poster
Thinking about going this April but we have a very picky 4-year-old. I can't find a kids menu, so has anybody had luck just getting plain pasta or?

Thinking about going this April but we have a very picky 4-year-old. I can't find a kids menu, so has anybody had luck just getting plain pasta or?
We have a difficult child as well, and I believe they were able to offer a bowl of plain pasta to him last year. We've been able to get similar simple offerings (rice, pasta, etc) at most of the nicer restaurants but YMMV.

JPPT1974

Well hopefully things will change over in the finding on a menu for kids. Maybe you both need to write to the restaurant.

MickeyLuv'r

You should try contacting WDW special needs dining to ask. They used to have a direct phone number, but I don't know if it still works. I did find was the current email: SpecialDiets@DisneyWorld.com

They are generally fairly quick to respond.

harryk

Hoop Dee Doo has had no problems with the fixed menu since opening in 1974. Why would they change it now?

Weather_Lady

There's no such thing as a kids' menu: it's a family-style meal. For the family. There are, of course, some allergen-friendly and vegetarian substitutions that can be made, but nothing that would qualify as "picky kid approved."

That being said, the normal menu includes kid-friendly foods like mac-and-cheese (which might mean there's plain pasta somewhere in the kitchen), mashed potatoes, fried chicken, and strawberry shortcake. Anecdotal reports online suggest that in the past, parents of picky kids could request items that were available over at Trail's End (an adjacent former TS restaurant, now a grab-and-go, which shares a kitchen with Hoop-Dee-Doo), which under their current menu would be something like an Uncrustables PB&J sandwich or some chicken nuggets, but I wouldn't assume that such substitutions are always available. If there's truly nothing on the Hoop-Dee-Doo Menu that your child would eat, consider feeding them ahead of time.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom