Rumor Hoop-Dee-Doo Closing?

TrojanUSC

We are actually going to this show this coming January ( mid month) , and the cast member ( last week) who helped me with my reservation said something like oh it’s a good thing you’re seeing it before ... ( she didn’t finish the sentence ) and when I asked her what she meant by that she spun it as she meant it was a good show so it’s good we are seeing it

So there’s that and we can take it for what’s it’s worth ( a grain of salt perhaps ) or try to read between the lines.

Sadly most cast members get their news form online blogs (or word of mouth generated by them) than from Disney. They try not to give cast too much advanced notice of these things lest it leak before they are ready.

TwilightZone

Sadly most cast members get their news form online blogs (or word of mouth generated by them) than from Disney. They try not to give cast too much advanced notice of these things lest it leak before they are ready.
I'm no insider, but from what's been going around, so to speak, this may not be the case.

geekza

Wait. Disney put out a press release specifically saying "We're not changing the name of this particular restaurant."?

Where and when was this?

It just seems odd to make that kind of statement.
It wasn't a press release. Jim Hill and Len Testa both reached out to Disney for confirmation after they had heard that the name was changing and were told that it was absolutely not changing. It was only a couple of days later that the release went out. I suspect that what happened is that the people they talked to, even if they were well-positioned, weren't aware of the change or were told not to talk about changes until a press release comes out. I know that when I worked for a certain online behemoth, we knew about product launches often long before they were made public and were told to deny if asked and not say anything otherwise before the press releases went out. We had some idiot leak info about a new device beforehand and on the next launch, they didn't give us info or training until after it was announced. We started getting phone calls and had to pull the info from the website. It was ridiculous. They went back to the old way after that debacle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom