Hoop Dee Do? Worth it?

Belle2013

I think it is hit/miss based upon if you like dinner theaters or even really corny jokes. I personally could go to Hoop Dee Doo every trip and still laugh at all the jokes. I think it is spectacular at Christmas time but I love Christmas and the fact they threw in some Christmas songs. My daughter was 2 yrs old on the last time we went but she was way too young to enjoy the jokes. (Probably kind of funny that she went 3 times before she was even 2.5 years old!). Anyways. She is 5 now and I think she would personally love the show and get a kick out of some of the jokes. I think it should be tried at least once during a lifetime :)

SSH

Our inlaws go every year - it's a tradition for them. We've accompanied them about 3-4 times over the past decade. It's corny, but sweet. I love the food - and certainly don't mind the all you can drink wine and beer. (You can even pre-order "healthy" versions of the meal ahead of time...they do an AWESOME grilled chicken breast and veggies that I actually liked better than the fried chicken and ribs they serve...it was really delicious. Considering you get food, dessert, drinks and a show, I think the price is fairly reasonable by WDW standards. If you're with a big group with many different ages, I think it would be a fun experience. If it were just me and my husband, we wouldn't do it more than once , as I'd love to try DTD's House of Blues, Cirque or maybe another dinner show and don't have the budget to do them all. But I have to admit I still enjoy it each time I go.

lunchbox1175

Yes, its a lot of fun, and it is something different to do. Even if you end up not liking it, which I doubt will happen, at least you will have tried something new.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
My son will not go to Walt Disney World with out going to Hoop De Do. We have had many family birthdays there and also had a baby shower for my Daughter. The cast members loved the baby shower and all came over to see what we where doing.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes indeed it's worth it. Not pretentious, mean spirited or snide, and decent plentiful food delivered to your table. In fact we've got tier 1 seats for the 4 o'clock show on Sunday!

Having a great experience with "Spirit of Aloha", my boyfriend and I wanted to try the "Hoop-Dee-Doo" with our friends and our DS6. I'm glad I'm hearing really great reviews about it! Does anyone know how well the seating is in the place, as in Pioneer Hall?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Having a great experience with "Spirit of Aloha", my boyfriend and I wanted to try the "Hoop-Dee-Doo" with our friends and our DS6. I'm glad I'm hearing really great reviews about it! Does anyone know how well the seating is in the place, as in Pioneer Hall?
The seating isn't bad at all. There are no tables that don't have at least a decent view. I was in probably the worst table in the house my last trip (up against a wall near the kitchen entrance) and we still could enjoy the show.

A neat thing I noticed is that the tables and chairs on the floor seating are actually taller the further back they are. This means, pretty much anywhere you sit, you'll have a decent view.

The show itself is campy, but fun.

The food was excellent (though, I didn't partake in the all you can drink beer).

The only complaint I had was the restrooms (which are the shared restrooms outside near the ticketing offices)...they were disgusting!

Minnie_girl

Yes....its tons of fun. :)
75.gif

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'll have to add a update from my December 1 Sunday 4pm show: Loved it! my DW and I had a table for two at the left of the area used for the center performances in the audience. Wonderful camera shots (I'll update with a pic or two when I move them of of SSD) for my wife (my back was to them). Its fun... different than the Backyard BBQ (which by they way my wife also loves as she was raised on a cattle ranch in Texas which we still have)

DougK

The only complaint I had was the restrooms (which are the shared restrooms outside near the ticketing offices)...they were disgusting!

I don't even get mad at comments like this anymore, I just get sad. I can remember a time not too many years ago when there would never be a cleanliness issue with any restroom at Walt Disney World. But hey at least the Company's profit is higher than ever.

DRC68

It's only worth it if you like music, humor, and all the corn on the cob, cornbread, and BBQ ribs that you can (over)stuff in your gullet! ...and then there's the beer and shortcake! /drool

hankhill

Take the kids EACH time we go. They are now 16 and 13 and one of them is vegetarian. They tell us it's not disney without hoopty. It's not for everyone. Yes it's campy. Yes it's off the beaten track. We can't wait. We leave Saturday and will be there Sunday night. We will go over and check out the decorations at the campsites and head to dinner and a sleigh ride. Watch the fireworks from the shoreline. Awesome. Merry Christmas.

luv

I don't even get mad at comments like this anymore, I just get sad. I can remember a time not too many years ago when there would never be a cleanliness issue with any restroom at Walt Disney World. But hey at least the Company's profit is higher than ever.
They used to take pride in how clean the restrooms were.

Now they design them to be dirty, lol.

Such a shame. One of my bigger pet peeves. I also get upset when the water doesn't run. So, two of my biggest issues are bathroom-related, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom