Hoop Dee Do Question

wedoada

Original Poster
Hi Folks,

We're getting ready to make our ADR's on the 21st and the Hoop Dee Do is on our list. We'll be on the Deluxe Dining Plan.

I read a post somewhere that suggested that we'll need to pre-pay in full and not just secure it with our CC, and then request a refund once we arrive for our reservation. (which will obvious take 24hrs at least to post back to our CC)

For our family of four the full price is like $220 and this is after we've already paid for our trip including the dining plan in full. Is this info correct ? It may change our decision to eat there.

Thanks for the help as always.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you tell them you're on the Deluxe Dining when you book they should not charge the meal to your CC unless you're a no-show. They will take your CC information, but make sure they understand not to charge the meal. If the Dining Cast Member you're dealing with seems uncertain or says they have to charge it, ask them to confirm that with their supervisor or just call back and book with a different CM who knows not to.

Atomicmickey

I was going to ask another Hoop dee Doo question, but since this thread has the correct title, let me add mine, please . . .

So, last time we went, on the dining plan, we had Category 2 seating.

We ate up in the balcony.

We are going again this year--Category 2 is also on the floor, and that is where we'd like to be.

Any way to be sure we get Cat 2 on the floor and not Cat 2 on the balcony?

Tiggerfanatic

Yeah, what Monty said. We went last year and just had the regular Dining Plan. I had to give a CC number to hold the reservation, but the CM on the phone assured me that my card would not get charged unless I didn't show up. Had to do the same for the Princess dinner in Norway. By the way, loved the show!

mickey7879

We booked this for Sept. 29th and they just said they need to secure it with a cc and wouldn't be charged unless we were a no show. They knew we were on the dining plan and just said it would take 2 TS credits per person.

mickey7879

I was going to ask another Hoop dee Doo question, but since this thread has the correct title, let me add mine, please . . .

So, last time we went, on the dining plan, we had Category 2 seating.

We ate up in the balcony.

We are going again this year--Category 2 is also on the floor, and that is where we'd like to be.

Any way to be sure we get Cat 2 on the floor and not Cat 2 on the balcony?

Haha! I'm just the opposite! I'd rather be in the balcony than on the floor. I'll just have to take what they give me!

wedoada

Original Poster
Thanks to all !!! You made our day !

One other question....

I use a wheelchair and the only accessible seating is in Tier 1 but the Dining plan only covers Tier 2 & 3. Anyone know how they handle that ? Do we just get "upgraded" or will we need to make up the difference ? Either way is fine but it would help to know so we can plan on the extra $$.

Thanks again !

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thanks to all !!! You made our day !

One other question....

I use a wheelchair and the only accessible seating is in Tier 1 but the Dining plan only covers Tier 2 & 3. Anyone know how they handle that ? Do we just get "upgraded" or will we need to make up the difference ? Either way is fine but it would help to know so we can plan on the extra $$.

Thanks again !
There is Tier 2 seating on the floor. I'm not sure whether they have an elevator to the balcony or not, but they will accommodate you at no extra charge. They deal with wheelchairs and scooters all the time.

I would tell the ADR CM when you book that one of your party is in a wheelchair just so they know in advance.

When we went, I booked tier 1 and was told exactly where our table would be at the time we booked. I suspect the table set-up doesn't get changed between shows, so they fill the ADRs based on what is there.

rainfully

It is VERY important if you are in a wheel chair and need accessible seating to let them know when you make your reservation. There are no elevators to the second floor. They can aboslutely accomodate you but you HAVE to let them know ahead of time!

When booking for Cat2, there is no way of requesting floor vs. balcony. The only way to guarantee floor is to book Cat1. Don't forget that the dining plan is accepted for the 9:30 show for ALL THREE categories! It is a little on the late side, but the late show also tends to be a lot less crowded and a lot more fun!

If you are on the dining plan at the time of booking, the reservationist should be able to tell in the system. If you have not yet added the dining plan to your booking, you will have to pay full price. This is different than how the old system worked. The old system just went on your word... now it checks to make sure! So if for some reason you are booking your dining and do not have your dining plan in place, and you do want to pay with the dining plan, make sure that they do not book you in Cat1... because when you arrive you would not be able to transfer the credit card payment to your dining points if it is booked in Cat1! (Does not apply to 9:30 show of course)

Hope I could help someone out! :)

mickey7879

We were booked in Cat. 2 quite a few years ago when my FIL was still around. He couldn't do stairs and had a scooter. They went to seat us at one table and then realized he couldn't sit there, so quickly reseated us. There were no problems and it wasn't mentioned on our reservation since he isn't in a wheelchair, but rented a scooter. I'm sure they will accommodate you in your situation. Yes, it's better to let the know ahead of time, but we didn't and didn't have any problems.

kstella

I'm not a fan of tier 2 seating on the floor. If you want to be on the floor it's really worth the extra to go with tier 1. We had tier 1 last time we were there and my husband caught the eye of one of the actors and really enhanced his experience, as it did ours seeing him get all embarassed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom