It's a short walk to Pioneer Hall from the boat dock

2. Walk to Epcot
Take monorail from Epcot to MK
Boat from MK to Fort Wilderness

3. Walk to MGM
Take bus to Fort Wilderness
*note*
If you bus to FW, you will have to take an internal bus to Pioneer Hall
IMO, it's much easier to get to the Hoop de Doo if you arrive via boat from the MK, since it's an easy walk from there.

Hope this helps! :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Your quickest way if you are pressed for time will of course be drive or take a cab. If you are using Disney transportation take the bus to MK then the boat to FW. You could also take the bus from MK to FW but you will have yo take yet another but from the front of FW to Pioneer hall. The boat dock at FW is only a couple of hundred feet from Pioneer hall.

tigsmom

I would take the bus to the MK and then the boat to Fort Wilderness (may stop at the WL first). Its just a short walk from the dock.
Be sure to give yourself at least an hour to make the trip because you never know how long you have to wait for transportation.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I agree, as far as Disney transportation, boat from MK.

It will be much faster however by taxi.

Edit: Yes, what MasterYoda and Tigsmom said
At least we're in agreement!

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
I would take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then take the boat to Fort Wilderness. When you leave depending on how late your show ends you may have to take a bus to Downtown Disney and then a bus from there to your hotel. Hope this helps. Ejoy the show. I try to see it every time I go to Disney.

shuflemstr

There's several different ways. Here are a few:

1. Bus from Swan to MK
Then boat from MK to Fort Wilderness
It's a short walk to Pioneer Hall from the boat dock

2. Walk to Epcot
Take monorail from Epcot to MK
Boat from MK to Fort Wilderness

3. Walk to MGM
Take bus to Fort Wilderness
*note*
If you bus to FW, you will have to take an internal bus to Pioneer Hall
IMO, it's much easier to get to the Hoop de Doo if you arrive via boat from the MK, since it's an easy walk from there.

Hope this helps! :wave:

If you take the bus from MGM to FW you will not need to take an internal bus because the bus for MGM lets you off at the Pioneer Hall bus stop.

jjgoo

When we stayed at Coronado Springs (not too far from the Swan) we took the bus to the boat.

It was so easy to do and the boat ride was fun. Keep a look out and you can see Wilderness Lodge and the sadly abandoned ruins of River Country. We left an hour to get there and that was well more than enough time.

Have fun, the show and food are great. I'm not a fan of ribs but I ate 'em up at that meal.

<singing> Hoop-De-Doo, Hoop-De-Doo <singing>

goofy0101

We allowed two and a half hours to get from POFQ to Hoop Dee Doo - and we almost didn't make it. Everything that could have gone wrong with the transportation did and I was stressed out big time knowing if we didn't make it by the time the show started we might not get in at all. Without a doubt, next time we'll call a cab. I love Disney transportation but when you absolutely have to be somewhere at a specific time, call a cab!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We allowed two and a half hours to get from POFQ to Hoop Dee Doo - and we almost didn't make it. Everything that could have gone wrong with the transportation did and I was stressed out big time knowing if we didn't make it by the time the show started we might not get in at all. Without a doubt, next time we'll call a cab. I love Disney transportation but when you absolutely have to be somewhere at a specific time, call a cab!!
From PORS or FQ I would always recommend a cab as Ft wilderness in around 1/2 of a mile from either resort.

GenerationX

Okay, the best way to do this is to walk to Disney Studios. At the Studios, catch the boat to Epcot. Then, take the monorail from Epcot to the Ticket and Transportation Center. From there, take a bus to the Animal Kingdom. Catch a taxi at the Animal Kingdom and take it to the Grand Floridian. At the GF, rent a pontoon boat and drive it to the Contemporary. Go to the Sammy Duval Water Sports desk and sign up for a parasailing ride. Have the boat captain pull you near the Fort Wilderness boat dock, then cut the rope. Provided he was able to get you 400-600 feet in the air, you should then hurtle over the trees and land on the the soft roof of the pin kiosk just outside of the Hoop-De-Doo. You'll want to allow at least 45 minutes for the trip (maybe a little more if you miss the pin kiosk).

Have fun! :wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Okay, the best way to do this is to walk to Disney Studios. At the Studios, catch the boat to Epcot. Then, take the monorail from Epcot to the Ticket and Transportation Center. From there, take a bus to the Animal Kingdom. Catch a taxi at the Animal Kingdom and take it to the Grand Floridian. At the GF, rent a pontoon boat and drive it to the Contemporary. Go to the Sammy Duval Water Sports desk and sign up for a parasailing ride. Have the boat captain pull you near the Fort Wilderness boat dock, then cut the rope. Provided he was able to get you 400-600 feet in the air, you should then hurtle over the trees and land on the the soft roof of the pin kiosk just outside of the Hoop-De-Doo. You'll want to allow at least 45 minutes for the trip (maybe a little more if you miss the pin kiosk).

You work for the Federal Government, don't you? :lol:

doop

:lol:

jjgoo

Yikes! What in the world went wrong to make it two and a half hours?!?! For us it was about 20 mins to MK and then another 20 for the boat. We had left early so we had to sit around and wait for about a half hour.

We've had a couple of problems with the transportation (hasn't everyone?) but nothing ever that bad.

So please share your story! I'm ready to be surprised :eek:. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom