Hoop-De-Do Review

1DisneyDad

Hello Everyone,

After many trips to WDW we are finally going to see Hoop-De-Do! I have question for those who have seen show before. We are planning to be in MK that day (Dec 26th) and seeing 8:30 show. Question: Is easiest way to get to show boat from MK? Does it run after show? Thanks in advance for advice. Ric

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You can take a launch from the Magic Kingdom docks to the Fort Wilderness Settlement and back again, it runs up to an hour after the park closes. If you want to drive you'll park at the outpost and take an internal bus (any of them go to the Settlement and loop back to the outpost). If you want to take a bus you need to take an extra step by taking the Wilderness Lodge bus from the settlement and then wait for the Magic Kingdom bus there.

My wife and I go to the Hoop-De-Do every trip. Great food, fun show (but IMHO stay away from what they serve as Sangria, its not exactly the best flavor you ever had in your mouth... you might want to lick the floor instead)

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Funny, I was going to say how good the sangria was! (I ordered it on recommendation from several people on this board, and loved it -- and I'm a little bit of a drink snob, too.) Must be networkpro got a bad batch!

To the point: as other suggested, take the boat launch, which will drop you off right at the dock next to Pioneer Hall (the venue for Hoop-de-Doo). If you take a bus from the MK (or another park) to Fort Wilderness, you'll get dropped off at the opposite end of Fort Wilderness, and will then have to take an internal shuttle bus to Pioneer Hall.

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I dont drink anything but dark Bier, my wife who's a Texas native despises the house Sangria @ HDD ... I've just had several sips on numerous occasions (last was October) before wandering back to my ice tea.

Upvote 0

Jae99

We will just miss you 1DisneyDad. We will be at the 6:00 pm show after spending the day at AK. We are planning on spending the evening in MK and enjoying the EMH until the wee hours of the morning. :)

Upvote 0

1DisneyDad

Original Poster
We will just miss you 1DisneyDad. We will be at the 6:00 pm show after spending the day at AK. We are planning on spending the evening in MK and enjoying the EMH until the wee hours of the morning. :)

We'll be back in MK after dinner. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

MorganKelly

A tip --- give yourself some extra time for the trip to FW. The lines for the boats can be lengthy since lots of other folks have the same idea! But the boats do accommodate a crowd. :)

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

Love HDD use to go every visit. Haven't been in a few years though just to much to do but being local I guess I have no excuse :) I am going in May though just booked it finally can't wait

Upvote 0

officialtom

Well, I'm slightly embarrassed to say that this is somehow the first thing I've seen about Hoop-Dee-Doo. Ever. I read your post and was highly intrigued because we're going in 25 days for a week... and upon reading the incredible reviews on TripAdvisor, I immediately cancelled our reservation for Narcoossee's for the Jan 27th and reserved for the 6:15 show! We're quite excited.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom