Hook's Tavern

Yenfid

Original Poster
Back in the Day, 11 years ago, 1993, I remember eating at Hook's Tavern in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom. The last three times I was there I could not find it. I did see the sign with the Croc by Peter Pan, but it was a drink and snack stand. Did I have a Journey into my Imagination in 1993? I thought it was a counter service/fast food restaurant that served fish and chicken, There was also a maze of many rooms to eat in on the ground floor and upstairs too.

When did this restaurant close? Why did it close? Was it because of Pinnoccio Village Haus being close by, across the street really. I remember it being decorated with fishing items, nets, rods and reels fish hanging from the rafters.

I also remember Mrs. Potts Cupboard being Gurgi's (sp) Ice Cream or Treats. He was the furry thing in the Black Cauldren.

imagineer boy

Yenfid said:
Back in the Day, 11 years ago, 1993, I remember eating at Hook's Tavern in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom. The last three times I was there I could not find it. I did see the sign with the Croc by Peter Pan, but it was a drink and snack stand. Did I have a Journey into my Imagination in 1993? I thought it was a counter service/fast food restaurant that served fish and chicken, There was also a maze of many rooms to eat in on the ground floor and upstairs too.

When did this restaurant close? Why did it close? Was it because of Pinnoccio Village Haus being close by, across the street really. I remember it being decorated with fishing items, nets, rods and reels fish hanging from the rafters.

I also remember Mrs. Potts Cupboard being Gurgi's (sp) Ice Cream or Treats. He was the furry thing in the Black Cauldren.

You're thinking about the Columbian Harbor House which is in Liberty Square, but right around the corner from Fantaseyland. It is easy to mistake for it being in Fantaseyland.

barnum42

I agree with Imagineer boy, you have described Columbia Harbour House. I've dug out a park map from the late Eighties and it was still called Columbia Harbaour House back then. So it's just the name you Imagineered :D

I too remember Gurgi's - its full name was "Gurgi's Munchies and Crunchies".

MissM

While I think there's a bit of confusion about the merging of two ideas, I seemed to remember hearing of "Hook's Tavern" before.

Sure enough, I found a photo:
http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id145.htm

And a description:
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]This place served snacks such as soft drinks and chips. It later became a Fast Pass distribution area for Peter Pan's Flight.

[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]So I think that the large place that was described is yes, the Harbor House (with it's two floors and kind of odd layout dining area), that there was also a small snack station called Hook's Tavern. This might have been before the proliferation of all the carts in Fantasyland. To be honest, I don't personally remember it, so I can't say. The site doesn't list when it closed either.

Hope that helps.
-m

Edit: It had to have been open up until a few years ago because another page I found listed it in-between Peter Pan's Flight and Legend of the Lion King. (Which we all know was in the theater that Philharmagic currently holds before Philharmagic was opened.) It's actually amazing how many WDW/MK sites still mention it as a food place! Shows how often they update, hu? :)
[/font]

Yenfid

Original Poster
I guess your right. I have a photo of the sign for Hook's Tavern from 1993. I total missed the sign for the Fasspass for Philharmagic with the Croc where Hook was. Must be the shop now since Fasspass is next to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom