Hong Kong DL Preview Center photos

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Well I went back and looked at the aerial construction photos and I just don't see where they plan on expanding the HK park in phase 2. Unless they plan to pull a DCA and get rid of the parking lot. However, JR raises a good point. The park is bounded by the railroad. And even if they reclaim more land from the sea, how will it be attached to the first park?? And please don't tell me they're going to pull a DLP trick and build another Disney Studios just as bad as the Paris one. Me....No....Likey!!

jrriddle

I really hope whatever park is built for Phase 2 (phase 2 of the resort not phase two of phase 1 park...I have to go to bed very soon...I hope everyone has learned a lesson about drinking on a school night...)
Anyway...I hope that the 2nd park built in HK will be something original. Not another Studios or an Epcot update (Westcot). I really want a new park idea from Disney.

gardabble

cherrynegra said:
Well I went back and looked at the aerial construction photos and I just don't see where they plan on expanding the HK park in phase 2. Unless they plan to pull a DCA and get rid of the parking lot. However, JR raises a good point. The park is bounded by the railroad. And even if they reclaim more land from the sea, how will it be attached to the first park?? And please don't tell me they're going to pull a DLP trick and build another Disney Studios just as bad as the Paris one. Me....No....Likey!!
Phase 2 is the body of water right across the main entrance. I have to agree the railroad usually defines the park and I know that there is little space outside of the railroad. Obviously, Disney want to build this theme park in phases not everything at once. The good news is that I don't think it will be hard to reach the 5.6 million visitors mark assuming nobody starts giving bad reviews given that 10 million visitors made it to HK in 6 months just this year alone.

WDWGarden

You can see in some of the pictures that the park is surrounded by a sort of double berm...the train berm and then another berm around the whole park space (backstage buildings included. They can build outside the train berm with underpass bridges (much like Splash Mountain at WDW). There is actually quite a bit of space behind the Lion King theatre and Adventureland river and behind Fantasyland.

HKDL will undoubtedly be better than Disney Studios Paris...been there and there is absolutely no atmosphere. HKDL will at least be a pleasant place to walk around and spend time, if light on D & E attractions...which I predict will be fixed sooner than 2010, but that's just me....

Tim G

jrriddle said:
No ToT in Paris yet. In fact it's still only a rumor.
Huh!?!

The spot has been set... the construction will start very soon... guess you must be mis-informed... :D

jrriddle

Corrus said:
Huh!?!

The spot has been set... the construction will start very soon... guess you must be mis-informed... :D

So it's a go for sure? That's great! :D
It seems like every year WDSP is going to get Tower so I just threw it in the rumor pile until WDC or someone I know to be reliable (like you) said those magic words "...the construction will start very soon..."

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
- Fireworks spectacular

Any word on if this is going to be a brand new show, or will it just be a copy of Wishes or possibly Imagine?

Also, will there be a daytime parade? I could've sworn reading something saying that Disneyland's Parade of Stars is going to be shipped over there (since DL gets a new parade for the 50th), unless it was a joke.....

7L-WDW

jrriddle said:
So it's a go for sure? That's great! :D
It seems like every year WDSP is going to get Tower so I just threw it in the rumor pile until WDC or someone I know to be reliable (like you) said those magic words "...the construction will start very soon..."

The Spot had a X on it years ago ... Thought we put some of the footing in at the time with some power .. In between Armageden and the loading for the road train

Tim G

The research was done by the Oriental Land Company (Yep, the same one)

It was THEIR discision, to have much less attraction... and for Disney... ahmm.. I guess, just branding...
But after it opens in 2006 (not 2005) in will expand quickly... atleast that's what OLC wants...
The CEO almost didn't have anyting to do with it, since the whole thing is once again fully financed by the OLC... and a bit by the city...
So, why are we worrying about, it won't cost Disney a dime...

DarkMeasures

Corrus said:
The research was done by the Oriental Land Company (Yep, the same one)

It was THEIR discision, to have much less attraction... and for Disney... ahmm.. I guess, just branding...
But after it opens in 2006 (not 2005) in will expand quickly... atleast that's what OLC wants...
The CEO almost didn't have anyting to do with it, since the whole thing is once again fully financed by the OLC... and a bit by the city...
So, why are we worrying about, it won't cost Disney a dime...

If the OLC is actually running it, then the park should do ok. I just want to know why there is so little land inside the berm. Why not build the RR as big as DLP's but have the same number of buildings and attractions in the park to start.

Tim G

DarkMeasures said:
If the OLC is actually running it, then the park should do ok. I just want to know why there is so little land inside the berm. Why not build the RR as big as DLP's but have the same number of buildings and attractions in the park to start.
They obviously had their reasons, dunno...

jrriddle

I am absolutely lost in this thread.
Help.
Corrus, are you saying that Disneyland Hong Kong is owned, run or just researchred by OLC.
I didn't know that they were involved at all.
Or am I lost and you guys are talking about Disney Seas or another park.

gardabble

I doubt OLC owns HKDL. Majority owned by the HK SAR govt (aka Hong Kong International Theme Park group, some crown corporation) and the rest something like 43% is owned by Disney. The govt of HK however toured Tokyo to pick up some ideas on how to run HK Disney. When the ball gets rolling, I assume the govt of HK will eventually sell its shares of Disney to the private sector.

Read this link: http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/199911/02/1102068.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom