Hong Kong Disney is GORGEOUS!! (pics inside)

dolbyman

I was there about two months ago ... it's nice .. but In my opionion the less attractive park of all parks around the world

benji

Wow,:eek: Did you guys see the entrance to Autopia, Buzz, and Space Mountain. Looking at those pics, I think we need a major refurb of our tomorrowland in Florida.

coasterphil

The facades all look great, but the review of the park was very underwhelming. It just doesn't seem to offer enough unique experiences, and is short on attractions.

The facades all look great, but the review of the park was very underwhelming. It just doesn't seem to offer enough unique experiences, and is short on attractions.

Well said. Theres seemed to be just so much missing. The tone of the review was definitely negative IMO.

Found it very interesting they have to cater to 3 languages though. 3 separate lines at the jungle cruise for your spoken language. If the English line starts getting too long, they put more English skippers on the boat. Pretty neat.

dolbyman

I'm not sure the english tour guides in the the jungle river cruise really know what they are saying .. at least they ruined all the jokes .. (the tour guide we had ...at least)

Hammer1310

I'm kinda underwhelmed to be honest. I'll reserve final opinion 'till I see it in person but it doesn't look like DLP has much to worry about (or WDW for that matter). DLHK looks like a miniature version of DLR, but more plain.

I don't see what benji likes so much about the attraction entrances, maybe it's me. Why build a brand new park and not use the Paris model for SM? Why build another Sleeping Beauty castle?? Of all the Fantasyland dark rides built at parks over the years why clone Pooh??? Not to mention I can't imagine going 'till there's a bit more to see. I know it's there to take advantage of the local consumers who can't afford to travel to the other parks, but there should be some reason for the rest of us to go too. No HM? POTC? Splash? BTMRR? Peter Pan? Why not at least open with a new ride like Mermaid?

Kelsybelle

LOL! I think it's so funny that they gave clear plastic gloves with the fried chicken!

I was thinking the same thing!
The pictures are great, it's amazing to look through them and see so many things that you recognize, well, DUH! Never mind..............:lookaroun

ChrisFL

Premium Member
They should have called it "Hong Kong Disney Lite" instead of Land...seriously I am amazed at how many minor things are listed as "attractions". Next they'll add PUSH the trash can and call it an attraction

lpet11984

Wow!!! Love IASW. I thought the addition of the "Disney" dolls was done with class.

I agree-- very classy. Fits the theming much better than I was able to envision. I never realized how many different cultures Disney has represented over the years with their characters....(Note: I don't like the idea of characters in WS necessarily because it tends to take the focus off the cultures themselves. However, I think this shows that they can work in IASW when done tastefully.)

Some beautiful pictures, but I tend to agree that this is not as impressive as I thought...so much just seems to be carbon copies. :shrug: (I do like the layout of the Jungle Cruise though.)

tomm4004

I know this thread is about the pictures, but I think HKDL was a mistake. There are not enough people there to draw from. Shanghai would have been better. It's the Tokyo of the future, growing quickly with a burgeoning middle class. I'm not really sure why they built in HK, on an adjacent island rather isolated from Mainland China. The photos look fine, but not impressive like DLP when it opened.

Dragonrider1227

OMG! THERE'S ACTUALLY A FANTASYLAND WITH FEWER ATTRACTIONS THAN DISNEY WORLD'S! :lol:
Great pictures. As nice as it looks, it doesn't seem like I'm missing much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom