Honeymoon tips?

robynchic

Original Poster
I'm the "honeymoon planner" for a couple of my friends who will be honeymooning during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween, and the groom-to-be wants to plan something special for his soon-to-be wife (I used a lot of hyphens there...I'll try to stop).
Her favorite restaurant is the Sci-Fi Theatre (they're big cult movie fans. I met them because we're in a Rocky Horror cast together). I heard that if you make a reservation in that restaurant with a minimum 48 hours in advance (for the "special" thing) that they're honeymooning, that they will reserve the back row of a car and put a "Just Married" sign on it. Is this true?

He also wants to plan a few other "special" things for her. I'm going to get them the ears for a wedding present, but I don't know what other things I could try to help them arrange. They're paying for the honeymoon themselves, so they don't have the money for Victoria and Albert. So any inexpensive things they could do would be great.

DisneyFan1003

Yep, that's true! My wife and I did a week long honeymoon in the World and then took the 7-night cruise (it was incredible!). We told the Sci-Fi that we were on our honeymoon and the attached a sign to the back of our car. It was really cute. As far as things to do that won't cost a lot...most of the restaurants will do something fun if you let them know. We got a free dessert and a card signed by all the cast members at Jiko (AKL) and at Tony's (MK), they announced it to the restaurant, tossed streamers and confetti on our table, etc. We were also able to ride in the front car of the monorail, etc. We were engaged in WDW and bought the bride and bridegroom pins and wore them when we went back for our honeymoon. I know that they also have special honeymoon packages that can be purchased (go to the Honeymoon section of the Disney wedding web site). Congrats to your friends..and best of luck planning the trip!

Globe Girl

Honeymoon Help

We went to the World for our honeymoon and had a wonderful time. Definitely make sure you or they tell the resort CM that they are on their honeymoon because we got upgraded to a Deluxe Savannah room at AKL when they found out we were on our honeymoon. :kiss:

Also, make sure they check out the Christmas Shop at Liberty Square because we took my bride "ears" there to get personalized with our names and our wedding date. It was very reasonably priced. You can also find inexpensive ornaments to commemorate their first Christmas together. :xmas:

Good luck and I hope these ideas helped a little! :)

clairevfm

gifts of a lifetime.

I don't know how much you want to spend but I have found a website which sounds like a great idea! You can hire pixies that will organise a personalised surprise for them. They range from $200+ but you could even have these guys approach your friends as soon as they walk into their fav park with the bride and groom ears and they won't know how anybody knows etc etc etc. But you can make it personal anyway. Check out this link: www.giftsofalifetime.comIt looks great to me, but it is just your budget. If you want to use them though you will have to fill out a questionnaire asap as they take a long while to plan your event.

I have not however used them I am planning with them for my husband so I cannot give a full recommendation!

Aurora_25

We went to WDW on our honeymoon and one really sweet thing that my DH did was called the WDW florist and there were a dozen red roses waiting in our room in a great Mickey/Minnie wedding vase (It's still my favorite vase), they also spread rose petals all over the room before we got there (we had to wait for our check in time so they had time to work on it :) )

Another place that does something special is Cindy's Royal Table- if you tell them it is your honeymoon you get to wine glasses and sometimes they give you a certificate with your names on it- pretty special if you ask me :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom