Honeymoon Registry!

JikoMarie

No offense, but in my day, a registry was only used to give wedding guests suggestions as to what you might need for setting up your HOME together, not your honeymoon. It only included gifts that you would be using (and hopefully, thinking of those who gave them to you) for the rest of your life. It was strictly a guideline for those who did not see you frequently, but still cared about you.

{snip}

So please don't be surprised if your older relatives/family friends think this (registering for your honeymoon) is strange or even tacky.

The Mom, I can understand where you are coming from about registries but the times they are a-changin'. We personally will be more or less avoiding registries all together for our wedding in the hopes that people will give us money or special keepsake gifts because quite honestly we don't need anything. If we need things, we go out and buy them. I have lived on my own for eight years and my fiance for six. We now live together and have everything we could possibly need...and two of many things. I even inherited two sets of china - one from my mother and one from my grandmother.

That being said, I think the Disney registry is a really fun idea. In our case, people would just be giving us money anyway most likely, so why not get to see what it goes toward? I should mention that we don't plan to advertise this registry and have told our parents just in case there are people who insist on buying things from a registry or think it's a cool idea. Actually we mostly started the registry as a way to save for our honeymoon. When we have extra cash, instead of putting it in the bank where we might be tempted to spend it, we buy things off our honeymoon registry.

If people think it's strange or tacky, we don't really care. In this whole wedding thing all along we have done what will make us happy. It's our wedding day and we're not spending all this money to please other people (Even though our budget is quite low, it's still a lot of money in the scheme of things).

sweetale

Actually, I was warned by several of my old fashioned relatives (including my Mom :animwink: ) that some may take offense to this registry. After some debate, my fiance and I decided to register anyways. We have more than one registry, including the traditional registry at a department store, so that people who don't like the honeymoon thing can shop elsewhere. And I thought it would be great for friends my age (20-30 years) who want to get us something different. We made it clear on the homepage to the registry that it's just fun stuff, its not like we won't go on our trip if people don't buy us stuff from there. But, personally, I'd like to get money on a gift card for a nice dinner at CG than tacky edible underware at my bachlorette party!! :lol:

Really, whatever anyone gets us, we will appreciate. I'm not expecting anything huge. In fact, we are buying the dining plans/tickets/accomodations as if we didn't even have a registry, that way, anything else is a bonus!

~Amy

JikoMarie

Really, whatever anyone gets us, we will appreciate. I'm not expecting anything huge. In fact, we are buying the dining plans/tickets/accomodations as if we didn't even have a registry, that way, anything else is a bonus!

The same is true for us. We aren't depending on any of these gifts. We just put down all the stuff we are doing anyway.

sweetale

The same is true for us. We aren't depending on any of these gifts. We just put down all the stuff we are doing anyway.

I think its nice that people can feel like the are "involved" in the honeymoon just a little. Especially with the layout of the registry website, they can read about the restaraunt they are "purchasing" and see pics!

BTW, JikoMarie, what part of Canada are you from? I lived in the Toronto/Guelph area for 6 years. Just wondering! :wave:

~Amy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom