Honeymoon in 1 week

honeymoon2006

Hi all, My bride and I are off to the Beach Club Resort next week for our honeymoon. I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on how to get the most out of our buck and make it very romantic at the same time. We are on the DD plan that inludes all activites. I have made reservations at some very nice signature resturants. Also any ideas how to get upgraded regaridng our room?

Nemo14

honeymoon2006 said:
Hi all, My bride and I are off to the Beach Club Resort next week for our honeymoon. I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on how to get the most out of our buck and make it very romantic at the same time. We are on the DD plan that inludes all activites. I have made reservations at some very nice signature resturants. Also any ideas how to get upgraded regaridng our room?
Congratulations!
You can call the reservation number and mention that you'll be on your honeymoon, and they might surprise you with an upgrade or something, but I wouldn't count on that. DH and I stayed there once as kind of a second honeymoon, and they gave us a room with a big balcony overlooking EPCOT. We watched the fireworks from there one evening.
A stroll around World Showcase after Illuminations is very romantic, and is a great way to avoid the crowds that are exiting the park then.

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

We have seen many couples wearing the bride & groom mouse ears, and congratulated them and wished them many years of magic together. I also think that there are buttons/badges for newlyweds (but I don't know where they got them). Honeymooners usually get alot of attention at WDW.

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

not really sure about the upgrade. we just returned from our honeymoon at the polynesian. we told them it was our honeymoon and hoped, but no luck. we did get a message from mickey & minnie congratulating us and welcoming us to the world. we also got a signed photo from cinderella & her prince.

congrats, good luck, and have a great trip

tracy & alex

Upvote 0

Sorbo78

Wow, let's just call this the honeymoon thread then. I'm getting married this Saturday, then off to WDW May 7-13.

As far as ways to make it special though? Hmm.......I hear there are "just married" buttons you get in each of the parks that result in lots of "congratulations" from people. Obviously the mickey top hat and minnie veil are options too. My fiance is going to get a massage at Grand Floridian on our off day while I go get Tonga toast at the Poly. Maybe that's not super-special, but I know she'll enjoy it and I get to have an awesome relaxing breakfast.

You could always see if anyone has room on a Wishes or Illuminations cruise. Man, there's just too many things you COULD do. I don't know about getting upgraded anything, but I'm going into this thing not really expecting anything, but certainly hoping for some magic. Then if/when it happens, it's a pleasant surprise.

My advice is just to relax and enjoy it. We'll see whether or not I take my own advice though, it's tough for me to relax in Disney!

Congrats.

Upvote 0

RedGear

My fiance and I went last May, and we didn't even wear the ears and I didn't even have a ring then, but people asked us all the time if we were on our honeymoon!! It was really funny.

I don't know if you guys are eating at Califorina Grill, but that was one of the most amazing meals we had when we were down there, same with Jiko. The later you make the reservations, the less likely kids will be there, but when we were at Jiko there weren't any kids. (But there are still going to be kids, but it's not as bad!)
We also had fun at Epcot, one of the days we were there was sat down and people watched for an hour, for me that was fun just to watch everyone pass on by in a rush. Another thing is, just relax, go back and have fun at the Hotel, especially during the middle of the day. When you go back later there is less of a crowd.

We also had fun going on Thunder Mountain whille they were doing wishes, there was no line, and we got to see the fireworks at the same time.

Congrats and have fun!:wave:

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

We got married and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge back in 2001. When we checked in we mentioned we were getting married the next day right there at the Lodge and would be honeymooning the rest of the week there. The CM said congrats, I didn't even know we had weddings at the Lodge. Here are keys to a room on conceirge level, enjoy your stay and congratulations from all of us at the WL.

Definately mention it, you never know what you may get. We wore the ears for the first 3 days (the hat started to leave a dent on hubby's forehead) so we opted for the bride and groom pins for the rest of the time. Be ready to say thank you A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

Congratulations!
I'll be getting married May 20, then leaving for our honeymoon at the Poly on the 23rd! For some romance, we booked a Wishes fireworks cruise and I ordered some strawberries and champagne to be waiting in our room for us as a little surprise for my groom when we arrive.
As far as the upgrade on the room, most people tell you to mention that you're on your honeymoon, but I feel so uncomfortable doing that. Kinda like you're trying to get something out of it. It's up to you! Have fun!

Upvote 0

PrincessAimee

My Wedding Anniversary is also May 6th. My husband and I went to WDW for our honeymoon and had the best time. We celebrated our 10th anniversary last year by taking our 2 boys to WDW for their first time and our second. I absolutely love the place. Congratulations and have a Wonderful time!!!

Upvote 0

WEDisney

Congratulations!!!
This July is our 10th Anniversary and we are celebrating it in Disney just like our honeymoon. Although we have been there about 20 times since we got married, we are looking forward to our 2 week anniversary party this summer :)

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

honeymoon2006 said:
How do I order Strawberries and champagne for our room. Do I need to call a special number?

I ordered the champagne basket though the Disney World Florist. I think it was around $65 but it came with a sparkling wine (the actual champagne's brought the price up to $100+) but it comes with cheeses, nuts, and some fruit. Check out their website for all the fun things you can order. www.disneyflorist.com (407)-827-3505. The strawberries I had to order through room service with the Polynesians, I couldn't get them through the florist. You can probably get them through whichever resort you are staying at.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom