Honeymoon disappointment

Chris931

I just called to upgrade our room to the Honeymoon Suite at WL for our honeymoon in September. They are all booked! We booked the trip with a standard room months ago but didn't think we could afford the suite at the time. :( We upgraded to a courtyard view room but I was disappointed. It will still be a good trip though...

Teenchy

Sorry for the bad news, I'm sure you will still enjoy yourselves.

Any thoughts on checking if the $$ are right on an upgrade at POLY? Its also beautiful, romantic and also just a short boat or monorail ride to the MK. Plus a great spot to sit in a hammock or on the beach and watch Wishes.

AKL would also be something to check into.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Chris931 said:
I just called to upgrade our room to the Honeymoon Suite at WL for our honeymoon in September. They are all booked! We booked the trip with a standard room months ago but didn't think we could afford the suite at the time. :( We upgraded to a courtyard view room but I was disappointed. It will still be a good trip though...
You could also try going for an upgrade to concierge level service and a deluxe view room. While I've never tried the concierge services at the WL, I always felt super-pampered at the Poly (and we plan to try them this summer at the BWI).

Upvote 0

Pirate665

I definitally recommend the AKL. It's beautiful, peaceful, and the animals make it nice enviroment. Plus, the dinning there is outstanding.

Upvote 0

KelsaBels

Hi!
I just wanted to say, don't be too disappointed...DH and I stayed in a honeymoon suite at WL for our honeymoon (12 nights), and felt we should have booked elsewhere for the amount of money we paid. Yes, the concierge service was nice, but the room itself was just ok (IMHO), also, where the room is located is not ideal...although it's on the top level, you could still hear Whispering Canyon and the lobby loud and clear in the AM and in the evening. Also, the tables for concierge (which could be different now, it has been almost 3 years) were right outside our door, so you had children sitting outside your room at 8AM, I know this is to be expected, it is Disney, but on your honeymoon, early in the morning, you don't want kids waking you up!!
My advice is book a suite at another hotel (with kitchenette, etc.) for the same if not a lower price. If you really want to stay at the WL and you love it there, I would say pay a little less, stay concierge in another room that is not by the lobby...the peace and quiet on your honeymoon will be worth it.
Just my opinion!
Kel

Upvote 0

jesserin

I wouldn't worry about not having a suite - the regular rooms are very nice and will be wonderful on your honeymoon - why not take a little of the extra $$ and book yourselves a couples massage at the GF or Dolphin or SS? They all have great spa's and that would be a wonderful treat for the 2 of you! :)

Congratulations by the way! :) Disney is a wonderful place to honeymoon!

Upvote 0

tecowdw

natalia1681 said:
Don't get too bummed out just yet. You can always call back again later to see if the upgrade is possible.
If that doesn't work, call the morning of your arrival and check if they have any availability. If they do, they might give you an "upsell" rate. That's what I did back in January. The upsell rate is a certain amount additional per night ~ mine was $140 extra per night to go from a woods view to a concierge room. This was on top of an AP discounted room so it wasn't too bad in total. Obviously there is no guarantee but it could be worth a try at least.

Also, keep in mind, just because there isn't availability now, keep trying. Sometimes rooms are blocked for minimum night stays or other restrictions. As time gets closer, if they aren't getting filled having those restrictions, they could release them without the restrictions.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Pirate665 said:
I definitally recommend the AKL. It's beautiful, peaceful, and the animals make it nice enviroment. Plus, the dinning there is outstanding.
I like this idea. WL and AKL is designed the same. So they are both great. AKL you can book a Sunrise or Sunset Safari. :)

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Don't change hotels, stay at the WL, you will love it, so romantic with the little hide away nooks throughout the floors. Cuddle up in front of a fireplace on the 4th floor or other floor. Nothing beats the WL.

We married and honeymooned at the WL. When we checked in we mentioned we were getting married there the next day and the woman gave us a room on the 7th floor it was a king size bed room on the conceirge level, and we had a courtyard view reserved (which is much less than our room goes for). We had a woods view which was actually a view of the castle and contemporary. We were able to see the fireworks on the evening of our wedding. We stood on our balcony and watched them right from the room.

When you get closer to the time you will be leaving, give them a call and mention that you are honeymooning at WL and would like to know if you can get a different room. Most of the time the resort is not always full and you can get into a room you really want. Have a great time and don't worry about the honeymoon suite, just get another room with a king bed and you will have plenty of room and it will still be as romantic as you make it. Best wishes

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

ErickainNJ said:
Don't change hotels, stay at the WL, you will love it, so romantic with the little hide away nooks throughout the floors. Cuddle up in front of a fireplace on the 4th floor or other floor. Nothing beats the WL.

We married and honeymooned at the WL. When we checked in we mentioned we were getting married there the next day and the woman gave us a room on the 7th floor it was a king size bed room on the conceirge level, and we had a courtyard view reserved (which is much less than our room goes for). We had a woods view which was actually a view of the castle and contemporary. We were able to see the fireworks on the evening of our wedding. We stood on our balcony and watched them right from the room.

When you get closer to the time you will be leaving, give them a call and mention that you are honeymooning at WL and would like to know if you can get a different room. Most of the time the resort is not always full and you can get into a room you really want. Have a great time and don't worry about the honeymoon suite, just get another room with a king bed and you will have plenty of room and it will still be as romantic as you make it. Best wishes
I won't knock WL. I have visted several times and will stay there for the 1st time in Sept. It is loud especially next to the fire place.

I have also stayed at AKL and it too has a fire place.

Either way you will have fun. I stayed at Dixie Landings for my Honeymoon and it was the best time out of my 6 trips. It's not where you stay that makes the magic, it's who you are with :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom