honeymoon destination of the world

welshtigger

we are going on honey moon in august and staying in the cbr and would like to hear from anyone who has been there on there honeymoon, where did you go, what did you do, who gave you the best treatment, did you wear the wedding ears ( if so did you feel stupid!!) did you get anything for free. Basically i'm being nosey and the excitement is really starting to build so i would loce to hear about other people anf there trip to the honeymoon destibation of the world:sohappy:

Disney is the most romantic place! Here are some of the special things we did/got for our honeymoon:

1. Found sweatshirts that said "Walt Disney World" and had "Married at" embroidered before it and "December 28, 1998" embroidered after it. You could have yours say "Honeymooned at" and "August 2003" or something like that. The Christmas shop at the Marketplace can embroider anything you want and everybody gave us lots of attention.

2. We also dropped off our ears to be "personalized" at the Chrismas shop at the end of the trip. They wrote our names and wedding date on the plastic ear part with little decorations and we had them ship them home to us. When they arrived, included in the box was a "Special Day" certificate signed by Mickey and a Christmas ornament with our names on it. Nice touch!

2. We wore our ears several days during the trip and got to ride several rides an extra time, got our own boat on Pirates and got serious attention from some characters.

3. Wear your ears and ask for your own boat on Splash Mountain (provided it's not too crowded -- we did this first thing in the morning). They gave us our own boat and we have an adorable picture of us kissing, with our ears on (we had to hold them on though!).

4. You can also buy bride minnie and groom mickey pins now. These weren't around for our honeymoon, but we're going to relive the magic for our 5th anniversary and we might wear these then.

5. Make sure when you make your reservations -- ALL OF THEM -- that you ask the person taking the reservation to note that it is your honeymoon. Most of the "freebies" we got were because of this.

6. Eat at the castle during the fireworks. They sprinkled "pixie dust" (confetti) on our table and gave us "Cinderella's Royal Table" toasting glasses as a gift.

7. Eat at England and try to time it for Illuminations -- get there early and ask for a table out back. You can't always get the table with the view, but if you get it, it's a great experience! They gave us glasses of champagne, too!

8. California Grill during fireworks -- they saved us the best window seat in the place!

9. Tony's Town Square gave us free dessert.

10. We didn't eat at Victoria & Albert's on our honeymoon, but I wish we had. It was a phenomenal experience with amazing food, a personalized menu and wonderful service. Very romantic!

11. The Wilderness Lodge sent us a champagne and toasting glasses.

12. The Contemporary upgraded us to a castle view room from the wing room be reserved.

13. We did a photo session in the Magic Kingdom with a Disney Photographer. I think it was $295 but we feel it was totally worth it. We just wore matching sweatshirts with jeans, but the photographer could let us go places we wouldn't normally be able to go, for example, we cut the line in Toontown to see Mickey, we got to climb up the back of the castle and he stopped the carousel for us. While expensive, it was a great experience! We even ordered Christmas cards from them the following year using a photo of us on the back of one of the horsedrawn carriages waving.

I hope this gives you some ideas! And I can't wait to see what others have to say!

Upvote 0

SamatBCV

We did our honeymoon there and it was our best trip ever. One thing about the ears... The top hat ears for the guys are HOT!!! I don't mean stylish, I mean heat. We went in early may and while the weather was a comfortable warm temp, the hat soaked up all the sun in FL.

Upvote 0

Smee

Did our honeymoon at WDW as well, in 1980. I don't remember WDW being into the wedding thing back then. Only Contemporary, Poly, and Ft. Wilderness were open as far as resorts (we were at the Hyatt Kissimmee), and MK was the only park open. Don't remember anyone wearing the wedding ears.

We thought WDW was amazing back then, and it was a fraction of what it is today.

Guess we'll go back for the 25th and get the 2nd honeymoon treatment.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom