Honeymoon at Disney?

krocker92

Hello!

I’ve been watching these boards for awhile but haven’t posted anything yet. I figured this was the best place to come for some Disney advice though!

My fiancé and I are getting married in May 2020 and are starting to think about what we want to do for a honeymoon. I think we’re settled on a cruise that leaves out of Cape Canaveral, and I would love to tack on a couple of Disney days at the end of it! It’s been a LONG time since I’ve been (10 years, not for lack of wanting to go either!) and my fiancé has never been, so he doesn’t quite understand my fascination (yet!).

To the question though, we would likely only have two days where we could go. Would it be best to try and pack in parts of all four parks in two days or just focus on two different parks? Like I said, he’s never been, and I think he would enjoy Epcot and Animal Kingdom the best, but can’t imagine not taking him to Magic Kingdom for his first trip!

Thanks for your help!

Herdman

MK for sure, that is the essence of Disney. I think the 2nd park is more based on individual preference. And save MK for the 2nd day. no better way to end your trip than Happily Ever After.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

I agree. We went to Disney on our honeymoon back in 2000. I practically grew up going to Disney but my wife had been one time and that's when she was little. We went, and had the time of our lives. Granted, we did all four parks, but I don't think it would've mattered. We were on our honeymoon, at Disney World!
I think if you're only doing 2 days, you have to go with the classics, M.K. and Epcot are the way to go.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I concur with Alice. Magic Kingdom is an absolute must. As for the rest:

Are you interested in delving into the history of America, the planet, and the human race? If sampling/sipping food and drinks around World Showcase, meandering through the international pavilions, and attractions like Soarin', Test Track and Spaceship Earth are your speed, go with Epcot.

Did you grow up watching "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" and ever wish you could be a part of it? If seeing an animal safari, first-rate musical entertainment (Festival of the Lion King or Nemo), immersive flora and fauna (Avatarland at night is particularly gorgeous), and a couple of excellent rides (Expedition Everest, Flight of Passage) appeal to you, get thee to Animal Kingdom. (*I confess, this would be DH's and my choice for a second day. YMMV.)

Do you like Disney, Jr., Star Wars, Toy Story and the taste of disappointment? If some kiddie shows, Muppets, Star Wars and a couple of really terrific grownup rides (Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster) in a half-shuttered park are enough to float your boat for a day, then head to Hollywood Studios. (I realize I'm being really hard on poor HS here, but I just don't see it as a great all-day destination for honeymooners.)

Upvote 0

aliceismad

Keep in mind that Star Wars land will be open by May 2020. Lines may be long. But it sounds like HS might not be your preferred anyway. (P.S. - What cruise? We took a non-Disney cruise out of Canaveral a couple of years ago. Getting to/from Canaveral was super easy.)

Upvote 0

krocker92

Original Poster
Thanks, all! I appreciate the input! I think Magic Kingdom has to be one of our parks!

We're actually members at our local zoo and go at least once a week in the summer, so in that regard I think he would love Animal Kingdom. But anytime we've talked about a future Disney trip, he seems really excited about Epcot too! And, we both love Star Wars and Tower of Terror is one of my favorite rides, but I think the potential high crowds are pushing me away from Hollywood Studios.

@aliceismad We're looking at a Royal Caribbean cruise. I couldn't convince him to go on a Disney Cruise...yet!

Upvote 0

aliceismad

Thanks, all! I appreciate the input! I think Magic Kingdom has to be one of our parks!

We're actually members at our local zoo and go at least once a week in the summer, so in that regard I think he would love Animal Kingdom. But anytime we've talked about a future Disney trip, he seems really excited about Epcot too! And, we both love Star Wars and Tower of Terror is one of my favorite rides, but I think the potential high crowds are pushing me away from Hollywood Studios.

@aliceismad We're looking at a Royal Caribbean cruise. I couldn't convince him to go on a Disney Cruise...yet!
The RCI Oasis-class ships are AMAZING! I hope you love it.

We're also big fans of our local zoo, and I really enjoy Animal Kingdom for the themeing. Some people dislike how few rides are there. (Though you might be able to say the same about Epcot.)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I'd do MK first. The experience of seeing, doing, being wowed by pure Disney will hopefully make him fall in love with WDW ands he will be eager to return. The 2nd day would be EP if you think hed enjoy the relaxing pace of visiting the countries pavilions, better dining spots and with the few attractions... or AK if hes more of an animal/ nature lover. Remember that AK will be a much hotter/ humid park to visit.

Upvote 0

SaltyD

I honeymooned in Disney, and did a cruise too! We actually did Disney first for 4 days, then the cruise, then back to Disney for a few days. Definitely Magic Kingdom for a full day, and I would suggest getting park hopper passes so you could try to do Epcot and Animal Kingdom the 2nd day. Even if you spent the day in the Animal Kingdom and then headed to Epcot for dinner and a stroll around. Trust me, once you go on your honeymoon, you will be going back another time for a longer stay :) Congratulations!

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Maybe plan a quick 3-day trip and visit MK (or DLR in California) to see if he likes the concept first... otherwise, don't risk it. If your life partner doesn't get it, I foresee a lifetime of compromises from your love of Disney.

Upvote 0

Nottamus

If you add on park hopper....then you don't have to make choices. If MK or EP is super crowded...head over to to AK or HS.

Star wars Fireworks, Illuminations, Animal Kingdom Safari, are just a few really cool things to see.

To each his own though. There are a million things to see and do....

Upvote 0

LeighM

For only 2 days, I would get a park hopper. Definitely do MK, but Epcot and Animal Kingdom are really nice too. With the park hopper, and with staying at a Disney resort, you can go the parks that have extra magic hours to maximize time in the parks. Personally, my two favorites are MK and AK.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom