Trip Report Honey we are home!

Hi all!

There is PTR here for our upcomming trip to WDW next October. We go to DLP 4 or 5 times year, but this everything is in place for WDW so less stays in Paris for us. But since the new Ratatouille ride was open we decided that we NEED to go to DLP to ride the new attraction! Well to start with it... it was absolutely worth it! What a marvelous and great new ride. If you can't go to France in the (near) future you have to be soooo jealous. Off course you all are jealous about Disney Dreams, by far the greatest closing show of all the parks but with this new ride DLP is on the way back!

During the weekend or right after the weekend I will continue this report with a bunch of pictures!!

mrdrift

Can't wait for some pictures from Disneyland Paris. Sounds like the new ride is pretty good, do you have any pictures from that? Following along.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Looking forward to your report. I haven't been to DLP since 2004!

Thanks! Today I will start with the rest of the TR and off course the pictures. DLP has changed so much the last 10 years! You can see it in my former TR's from DLP. Links are in my signature!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Can't wait for some pictures from Disneyland Paris. Sounds like the new ride is pretty good, do you have any pictures from that? Following along.

Thanks! The new ride is marvelous. I cannot compare it with rides in WDW (been there more than 25 years ago) but in my opinion it is one of the best rides ever! Off we have some pictures! Will post them all later today! And in October we will be in WDW (see PTR link in signature) and than we can compare it for real with the rides in WDW.

Longers

I read the heading and thought that I had been asleep and missed Oct and this was your Disney trip report!
Oh well you still have that to look forward to and I still have 80 something days to go and not 25 days ish if you had been and come back.
Anyway looking forward to hearing about your trip. Not been to the Paris version since 2006 but my brother will be there in Sept so hopefully I can share some of your tips with him before he leaves. Looking forward to the photos

FlaggNL

Original Poster
So here we go with our TR from our latest trip to DLP. We left home at 04.00 in the morning. Normally it is about 4/4,5 hours to drive from Rotterdam to DLP. This time the traffic was bad. Especially in Belgium were some accidents to instead of arriving between 08.00/08.30 it was around 10.00 in the morning when we parked our car at the Kyriad hotel. We could not check in, that is only possible after 15.00. We took the bus to the park and first we started in Village. Off course for checking out the new arrivals in the shops, there is new lego shop and we needed breakfast. As always we ended up for that in Earls.

Mies_Sacha_village_01.JPG

Off course the first thing to do for me and Sacha is to connect to the free wifi in Disney Village (same as Downtown Disney but I guess a lot smaller).

Mies_Sacha_village_02.JPG

And when we got connected it was time to check emails and read the online newspaper :)

First shop to go was the new Lego shop. One of the biggest in Europe they say. Here are some pictures from Lego statues inside the shop.

New lego_shop_01.JPG

New lego_shop_02.jpg

New lego_shop_03.JPG

New lego_shop_05.JPG

New lego-Shop_04.JPG

Then it was time for the breakfast. There are not that many possibilities inside Disney Village but since Earls of Sandwich is in DLP we go there a lot for breakfast. Since this summer there is also diner possible inside Earls, but that is for next trip :)

menu_earls.JPG

The Full Montagu, Earl's club (2) and the Original :)

sandwiches ready.JPG

sandwiches_unpacked.JPG

Much more to come later today :) Really need to work some hours :)

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
I read the heading and thought that I had been asleep and missed Oct and this was your Disney trip report!
Oh well you still have that to look forward to and I still have 80 something days to go and not 25 days ish if you had been and come back.
Anyway looking forward to hearing about your trip. Not been to the Paris version since 2006 but my brother will be there in Sept so hopefully I can share some of your tips with him before he leaves. Looking forward to the photos

Lol, no we are still counting down for the October trip to WDW. Just 66 days to go. But since there is the new Ratatouille ride in DLP we had the urgent need to be in DLP for a short trip! Paris has changed a lot since 2006. It is growning, only not fast enough :) Off course you can share tips with him before he goes to DLP. I am sure he will have great trip!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Here we go with the second part of our TR. This time also with some pictures of the outside of the area around the new Ratatouille ride. They did a great job in DLP. Off course it is not only the ride they build. It is a square what look likes they picked it up in Paris and placed it inside DLP, Studios Park. There is a restaurant and some toilettes. The new Ratatouille ride off course have long waiting times (60 min +) and they made fastpass aviable for the ride. The park opens at 10.00. They did a smart job. At 10.00 they have the fastpasses for the morning and around 13.00 it is possible to get fastpasses for the afternoon and early evening. When we arrived it was around 13.00 in the park so there was a long line with waiting people for fastpasses. I started at the end of the line (see below picture) and then we were lucky. Ria was walking around to take some pictures of the area and then she saw that the second half of the fastpass machines were opened, so here I was.. last in line... a quick run and suddenly I was the second in line :)

Before we went inside the Studios Park, we wanted to start there to see how the Ratatouille area would be like, we went to Starbucks. During our stays in DLP we go to Starbucks at least once a day! We were lucky with the weather this trip. It was not as hot as our trip during summer 2013 but every day 25+C is very good! And with these temperatures we went for some Frappucinos.

Starbucks_01.JPG

We are completely in the Ratatouille mood... so I needed to wear this hat :)

Michel as Chef Remy.JPG

As always Sacha wanted to sing along with some Disney songs and I decided to help her out :)

Mies_Sacha_sing-a-long_01.JPG

Mies_Sacha_sing-a-long_02.JPG

sacha_01.JPG

Just left of the sing a long machines a wall with a lot of Disney pictures :)

wall.JPG

And then is was time! During our former trips we saw a lot of the buildings in the make for the new Ratatouille area. When you ride the Parachutes Drop in Toy Story land you have a perfect view from the sky to see the area. This time is was finished! And how! Let the pictures show how beautiful the engineers of DLP did the job!

Even the lanterns look like the Paris ones!

Outside Ratatouille_01.JPG

Chez Marianne is closed. My best guess is that it is an building for parties or something like that.

Outside Ratatouille_02.JPG

Outside Ratatouille03.JPG

And here I am standing in the end of a long line... hoping to get some fastpasses for Ratatouille.

Waiting for fastpass_01.JPG

Again much more to come today! Keep on reading of you like!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The continuation of our DLP trip last July.

First some more pictures from the square in front of Ratatouille!

The restaurant is also open and very crowded. We did not eat overthere!

Bistrot Chez Remy ouside.JPG

Chez Remy Bistrot sign.JPG

The menu of the restaurant:

Menu Bistrot Chez Remy.JPG

The arch between Ratatouille square and Toy Story Land

beautiful.JPG

Then we went on our way to the main park. Some pictures on the road!

Ria_01.JPG

Ria_Sacha_01.JPG

Sacha_01.JPG

walking inside studios.JPG

Then it was time to eat. The main complain a lot of guests have is that some restaurants close quit early. In Europe there is big difference about the time you want to eat, depending on where you are from. Spanish and other South Europeans want to eat quite late and the Dutch and other Northern Europeans eats quite early. But Toad's restaurant closes only at 1730 and that really is to fast! They serve Fish and Chips as meals and the English and Dutch like the restaurant a lot but then it is necessary to eat earlier than you want.

But since we were awake since 0300 in the morning it was no problem to eat around 1600. So Fish and Chips it was for us!

Fish_Chips_01.JPG

Fish_Chips_02.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom