Homeschool Graduation Event, HOP soft openings, new drinks.

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Hi there! Been a busy few months. Nothing terribly exciting, but a few updates. Look for a possible new event in May 2010; Home School Graduation. This would actually be a 3rd party event, but would be Disney-sanctioned. Once everything's locked in I'll have more details if anyone is interested.

From what I understand, HOP should have soft openings with the new voices and video rolling in about 2 weeks. I hear this is going to be morning only though. We'll see.

You may also see some new drinks around property. More Coke Zero, FUZE and some new energy drink that I don't remember the name of. Also, there will be some new liquors on property in certain locations. If you find a location that has it, definitely try the Pyrat XO Reserve Rum. You will thank me. I suggest have it with coke. It's GREAT. It's made by the makers of Patron Tequilas.

Also, I posted it in another thread, but Paradiso 37 could have a soft opening as early as Thursday. There have been Cast tastings the past few days and the reviews are failry good. 3 and 1/2 to 4 out of 5. My personal experience was good.

I think that's everything....

Oh yeah, GO MAGIC!!!

DisneyDellsDude

Do you mean third party like MNSSHP or MVMCP?
Or something more along the lines of Grad Nights...?
Does it deal with High School Musical?
My mind is boggling with questions.

But I can't wait to see Hall of Presidents!
It is going to be amazing!!!

MissM

From what I understand, HOP should have soft openings with the new voices and video rolling in about 2 weeks. I hear this is going to be morning only though. We'll see.
Interesting! Too bad I'm on blackout until August. Oh well.

You may also see some new drinks around property. More Coke Zero, FUZE and some new energy drink that I don't remember the name of.
I've seen Fuze around a few locations over the past couple months already. Do you mean it'll be in more locations? (At actual carts perhaps?) I know I tend to see Fuze and Vitamin Water at larger locations like Liberty Square or in coolers inside the Confectionary and such.

Thanks for the info.

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Sorry, third party as in non-Disney. Kind of like MouseFest or similar. It's run by a different company, but with the go-ahead from TWDC.

Do you mean third party like MNSSHP or MVMCP?
Or something more along the lines of Grad Nights...?
Does it deal with High School Musical?
My mind is boggling with questions.

But I can't wait to see Hall of Presidents!
It is going to be amazing!!!

Animaniac93-98

Surprised to hear HoP opening so soon considering the much talked about July "official" opening, but this could be a reaction to the crowds at other attractions. Mouseplanet mentioned a new sign package for the attraction on Monday so maybe they could be ready, but it looks like alot of exterior work still needs to be done.

DisneyDellsDude

Surprised to hear HoP opening so soon considering the much talked about July "official" opening, but this could be a reaction to the crowds at other attractions. Mouseplanet mentioned a new sign package for the attraction on Monday so maybe they could be ready, but it looks like alot of exterior work still needs to be done.
You brought up a point being that I hope they don't open it too early. Then the kinks will never get worked out ala Spaceship Earth.
Bad show Disney, bad show...

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Great update! Thanks for the info. Good to see they're changing up the beverage options, both alcoholic and NA. We'll need to line up people to hit up HOP's soft opening so they can report back!

Cap10_Mickey

Again, will be there starting this weekend...if there's anyway I can get in one of those soft or AP Holder openings, will do...and I'm all for the blue triangle in place of robobama. :D

1disneydood

Will the Pyrat rum be available at restaraunts only? Or will I be able to order it neat from a beverage cart? :lookaroun

I like rum. Rums' good!:slurp:

http://members..net/nolasparrow/rumsgone2.jpg
But it's always gone. :(

KC82271

I am surprised about the Coke Zero being they already offer Diet Coke. I was a bit ticked that I couldn't find a Diet Sprite anywhere. I am going through stomach issues - and the doctor told me to stay away from caffiene. I prefer diet soda to regular - so a Diet Sprite would've been nice.

But again, this is one more option now out there.

hardcard

why would HoP goign to soft openings in 2 weeks or so be a surprise? the show is scheduled to be full re-opened on the 4th of july... so, 2 weeks, or so, before that makes perfect sense..

Really, ever since the SSE refurb, people get so worried when something opens on time :)

Animaniac93-98

why would HoP goign to soft openings in 2 weeks or so be a surprise? the show is scheduled to be full re-opened on the 4th of july... so, 2 weeks, or so, before that makes perfect sense..

Really, ever since the SSE refurb, people get so worried when something opens on time :)

There's a difference between a couple days, which is what everyone here expected, and a couple weeks. July 4th is the official opening and we all know a few days ahead is typical, but weeks before it's meant to be done is hardly "on time".

It just want thing to be done one time and be done properly and not end up like CBJ were the technical aspects were still begin worked on weeks after the re-opening.

jt04

Sorry, third party as in non-Disney. Kind of like MouseFest or similar. It's run by a different company, but with the go-ahead from TWDC.

Sounds like an event that Disney could help grow over the years into something very popular. Great idea by someone.

EPCOT Explorer

Hi there! Been a busy few months. Nothing terribly exciting, but a few updates. Look for a possible new event in May 2010; Home School Graduation. This would actually be a 3rd party event, but would be Disney-sanctioned. Once everything's locked in I'll have more details if anyone is interested.

You may also see some new drinks around property. More Coke Zero, FUZE and some new energy drink that I don't remember the name of. Also, there will be some new liquors on property in certain locations. If you find a location that has it, definitely try the Pyrat XO Reserve Rum. You will thank me. I suggest have it with coke. It's GREAT. It's made by the makers of Patron Tequilas.

Also, I posted it in another thread, but Paradiso 37 could have a soft opening as early as Thursday. There have been Cast tastings the past few days and the reviews are failry good. 3 and 1/2 to 4 out of 5. My personal experience was good.

I think that's everything....

Oh yeah, GO MAGIC!!!

VERY , VERY interested and excited for HoP reopening. Kinda shocked it's opening up early though. I hope there are not black curtains and a triangle over President Obama's head.:lookaroun

Thanks for the update!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom