Holy Mary Mother of Mickey

Castle Cake Apologist

Actualy, it's not horrible, it's smart. The CBJ at DL has never had long lines. From a business sense, putting in an attraction that will pay for itself to be ran is much smarter then paying all the costs to run an empty attraction. I think the problem with half of the people on this board is that they look at everything Disney does as horrible because they fail to look at it from a business sense. Everything Disney has done has always been a smart business move (JIYI being the exception, but they're fixing that as we speak, hopefully 3rd times the charm). And don't say "Well, then, Disney's just money hungry to get rid of a classic to make some cash", because that's how any other corporation works. The Walt Disney Company is just that. A COMPANY. They have to make money too, or else there would be no company. By running an empty ride they are paying un necessary costs for staffing, running it, upkeep, ect. It's the same as when they closed Port Orleans. The resort was practicly empty, why pay to run it?

Castle Cake Apologist

Originally posted by Fievel
Word of warning disneyexpert: You won't win this one with griz

Hey, I'm not trying to. I'm not even trying to start a fight, me and Griz are friends, I wouldn't wanna start an argument with him! I was just telling it like it is, and everything I said is true, you have to admit. And Bearboy, why run any theaters if they don't have lines? Why on earth would you run an empty attraction? Do you have any idea how much $$$ it costs to run an attraction daily? Why pay all that to run a show that no-one is watching. It just isn't smart. Like, I said... look at it from a business sense.

bearboysnc

DON'T you be picking on my CBJ.

Quote "Bearboy, why run any theaters if they don't have lines? Why on earth would you run an empty attraction? Do you have any idea how much $$$ it costs to run an attraction daily?"

The problem with Critter Country is theres 2 rides. Why would you walk to the farthest area of the park for nothing?

I worked at Hungry Bear for 4 years in college. I know how the crowds move in this point of the park. Durning the summers they used to do a hoedown at night that brought people to this area. There were lines during the hoedown.

So, 17 years later they built Splash. The crowd that rides splash isn't generally interested in seeing a nice family show like CBJ. BUT! Pluging Pooh into one of the theaters WOULD have given these people a reason to venture our there.

Also, the Entrance to the show was nowhere near the actual attraction. Unlike the WDW version that you trip over! Unless you were looking for it, you'd never see it.

I am looking at it from a business point of view...

Look at MGM, they built RnR, ToT, Fantasmic, at the end of Sunset Blvd because they feed each other. There was nothing for CBJ to feed off of.

ALSO, one theater would cycle less people per hour creating ..................................a LINE. oooooooooooooo

General Grizz

YOUR CBJ?? NO! It's MY CBJ! :mad:

LOL, Just kidding.

I just think that a better thing should replace the Playhouse. I agree that it was a little to less crowded to keep open, as long as they would reuse the baers and animatronics somewhere on the Disneyland Resort.

Pooh...well...we have a darkride here...and if it is the exact duplicate (3 minutes)...I just think it should be MORE...

I'd probably be much more "agressive", however, I have never been to the Playhouse before...d'oh!...so I would be a whole lot less tamer on this rather than a closure or even change of our CBJ ... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom