Holy crap I'm staying at BLT for the first time (and need help!)

Expo_Seeker40

I did it.....I just stared at the screen and clicked the mouse...screamed and then blurted out "monorail". As some of the vets on wdwmagic know, I've been a member here for years and have gone to WDW usually once a year for ( almost 10 years now) and stay a few days...I either stay in downtown disney or off property (or I mooch off of family in the orlando area :lookaroun :D), but now that I am an AP Holder, I got 40% off at the bay lake tower and I just went with it.

I'm trying to get this straight:

I drive to the original A - Frame building to check into the lobby and then use the foot bridge to walk over. I don't want to use valet, can I park my car at the BLT or is that just for DVC members?

I've never stayed at the contemporary before....there's a spa there and I can print out a $50 coupon online to help reduce the price of a massage or facial? :shrug:

There's a viewing deck on the 4th floor to watch the fireworks...is it worth it?

How long does it take to walk to the magic kingdom?

And, I guess the electrical water pageant shows up at 10pm on the bay like side of the contemporary?

Thanks for your help guys! :sohappy:

MaryJaneP

I've stayed at Contemporary a 6 times.

I can offer assistance on a few of your questions.

Never parked at BLT but my sister did this spring when we visited and she is not a DVC member.

Correct on check in at Contemporary and take walkway (4th floor) or use outside entrance. You need your room key to open the building outside door or to get onto the walkway.

Walk to/from MK is less than 5 minutes unless you walk really slowly.

Observation of fireworks at BLT I'm not sure of, but any stairway landing at Contemporary, 4th floor area, even out in front of Contemporary. I know music is piped in to stairwells and 4 floor area. Also consider walkways at California Grill (book a dinner at 9 pm), it's great food and an incomparable view.

Electric Water Pageant is 10 pm (10:05pm I think) and is best viewed/heard from dock area of Contemporary.

Enjoy your trip. We always enjoy being so close.

Upvote 0

yoyoflamingo

Can't add anything else, since the previous poster got the answers, but I will say as a DVC member with BLT as his home resort, enjoy it! We've only stayed once so far, but are dying to get back!

Also, make sure you check the times for the Electrical Water Pageant, since it has been known to change. And depending on your room view, you might even be able to view it from the room itself.

Upvote 0

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
thanks for your help guys! now....is any water recreation free? such as parasailing, renting a boat on bay lake, etc? I didn't know if bay lake/contemporary guests get this as a perk

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

Not to my knowledge. I don't think anything is free (except pools). We rented sea raycers but had to use coupons from AAA and still paid a pretty penny. Maybe some others did get freebies, but I was not aware of any.

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

Wow, congratulations. That is awesome. I think you will get a parking permit once you check in that will allow you to park in the BLT parking lot. The walk to and from MK is sooooo easy. It took us anywhere from 8-10 minutes. We did it every single day when we stayed at the Contemporary. It is such a nice perk of staying at that resort. Have a great trip. Let us know your thougts on the resort when you return. :wave:

Upvote 0

Rob562

I've never stayed at the contemporary before....there's a spa there and I can print out a $50 coupon online to help reduce the price of a massage or facial? :shrug:

They only offer massages at the Contemporary fitness center. For a facial or other spa treatment you'll have to monorail over to the Grand Floridian.

Not sure exactly which coupons you're referring to, but the ones available on the Niki Bryan website (www.relaxedyet.com) only mention the Grand Floridian and Saratoga Springs spas on the coupon.

I know that there is often a spa coupon that comes with the packet of extras you get with the Disney Travel Company packet you get when you book a package, but I don't know what kind of restrictions it has.

Oh, and the fitness center at the Contemporary is pretty well hidden. You can't get there by escalator, you have to take an elevator. (it's on the 2nd or 3rd floor, and the escalators cruise right past that level) That's also where the hair salon is located.

-Rob

Upvote 0

MissM

You can park in front of the Contemporary or BLT - your choice. And after checking in on the first floor Contemp, you can either enter on the first floor of BLT or go up to the 4th floor of Contemp and take the sky bridge over.

There are signs but it's important to remember to walk over to Contemp you have to go to the 5th floor at BLT and the 4th floor of the Contemporary. :lol:

I stayed at BLT last year and it was a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom